Message for Urchin

s

Reaction score
Hi Urchin,
I was interested to read that you ovulate very close to when your period finishes. My period is pretty regular - every 26 to 27 days - but I think I ovulated the day before my period this month. Can this be possible? I don't get much CM but what I had was clear.
I'm a bit down today cause I got my period but I know tomorrow is another day. Any advice other than sex every two days etc? Should I get an ovulation kit? I see someone else recommended persona but it's expensive.
I look forward to hearing from you.
S

Hiya
If you are interested in ovulation tests ebay have some very cheap ones.
I guess it is possible to ovulate very close to the start of your period, I would look into how your CM changes over a cycle and try to predict what stage you are at:

Before Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
The first few days following menstruation, there will be little or no discharge present. You will feel dryness around your vulva. During this time, chances of getting pregnant are low.

Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):
The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucus should break easily. You will only be able to pull your fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume.

Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy):
At this stage, mucus resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucus to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your 'mucus peak'. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm's survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.

After Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva.

I had very little CM but it still went to EW, even though it was just a tiny amount.

My advice for now would be try to pinpoint where you are in the cycle according to th CM info above, and when you see a slight change, BD every day or every other day for a week to 10 days.
All the time track your CM and look out for EW! Even if you aren't sucessful at first this will help you track better for the following month.

hope this helps, feel free to pm me.

GOOD LUCK!

*sprinkles baby dust*

Thanks for message Urchin. I've noticed that you're always really happy to help women who are trying and that's really appreciated.
I'm not sure where I'm at. I had a two day period this month. I had brown spotting and then what seemed like a real period but it stopped the morning of the third day - wiped clean - and then brown spotting started again. I've been to doc but he doesn't know what going on. Sending me for blood test this week. I'm very tired today. Hoping it's implantation bleeding.
S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back