Men!!!

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Why is it that men just don't see the mess that we do!? Do they genuinely have something wrong with their eyesight or do they just see what they want to see?

Take my OH for example, the hoovering hasn't been done for a couple of days now, there's washing up to be done on the side. He's never met the mop in his life! The washing basket is full and the house hasn't been polished in weeks. Yet according to him the house is tidy!!!
He constantly drops things on the floor and doesn't seem to notice :mad:

I just don't understand it :/

lol sorry about the rant

lol,
my hubby is exactly the same...blind as a bat when it comes to housework :)
i spend the day making the house look nice and tidy and within a few hours of him coming home from work..theres socks and work uniform on the floor, washing up pots, kitchen a mess, cups all over the living room, bath towels on the bathroom floor etc
and he wonders why i get annoyed with him haha...he thinks i nag him and thinks he gets it hard - Try carrying a baby and having Spd :)

I hate to say it but it's the other way round in my house! I'm the messy one!

I know how you feel tho before I lived with OH I lived with a work mate, We agreed that every other week we'd take turns doing the cleaning, I always did my week (in the flat, my room was always a mess) he never did his, then had the cheak to go around and tell everyone I was dirty, and moan that my full ash tray on the balcony was disgusting!

I'm sorry mate but cleaning your 2 week old skid marks was disgusting!

*end of rant!*

Everything is so sparkling in our house that I'm afraid to use anything as I get told off. I've been sorting baby clothes on the bedroom floor and every day he comes in and says "why hasnt this been cleared yet?" Before cleaning the sink again and restacking the dishwasher that I've stacked wrongly........ I think all Chefs must have OCD, my last boyfriend was a chef as well and exactly the same ........ I think I'll just lie in bed and let him keep it all immaculate - Oh I forgot, I'm not allowed to lie on the bed, he's already made it and I'll get shouted at. Makes me want to misbehave :bedjump:

Everything is so sparkling in our house that I'm afraid to use anything as I get told off. I've been sorting baby clothes on the bedroom floor and every day he comes in and says "why hasnt this been cleared yet?" Before cleaning the sink again and restacking the dishwasher that I've stacked wrongly........ I think all Chefs must have OCD, my last boyfriend was a chef as well and exactly the same ........ I think I'll just lie in bed and let him keep it all immaculate - Oh I forgot, I'm not allowed to lie on the bed, he's already made it and I'll get shouted at. Makes me want to misbehave :bedjump:

Lol that sounds a bit far tbf lol! I wish my OH would have a bit of your OH's enthusiasm though.

I caught him yesterday drying up the washing up with a duster!!!? Lol I mean what the hell!

I do end up having to do the washing up again after he's done it though, he never does is properly and leaves bits of food on things still :/

I've been having fun trying to keep the house tidy around my OH and step daughter. Apparently as I've been signed off the sick and at home all day it's fine for them to just leave dishes by the side, brush crumbs from the kitchen counter onto the floor. The fact that I also bring home the biggest pay cheque every month, have acute morning sickness and the flu gives me no excuse for not keeping up...............

xx

I've been having fun trying to keep the house tidy around my OH and step daughter. Apparently as I've been signed off the sick and at home all day it's fine for them to just leave dishes by the side, brush crumbs from the kitchen counter onto the floor. The fact that I also bring home the biggest pay cheque every month, have acute morning sickness and the flu gives me no excuse for not keeping up...............

xx

Oh I hear you! Lol, my OH is constantly having a go at me for doing too much and that I should be resting more but then doesn't lift a finger to do anything himself! I swear he just thinks the magical little elves are going to come and do it overnight...

My oh wont do sweet FA! He wont even wash his uniform but moans at me when its not clean! I spent all day on sunday cutting to size and laying a new carpet on the landing and all down the stairs all by my self, he isnt interested in making the house nice or clean.

The way he sees it is he works nights and sleeps all day so doesnt see the point in having a nice house, and on his days off he does nothing but sleep- he is a bone idle sod!

I spent all day yesterday tidying the spare room and putting the washing away ( my friend is coming to stay in a couple of weeks to give me some company as now I'm not at work Im effectively on my own for 22hrs aday with no one to talk to) and I got shouted at because I moved his dart board into a cupboard ( he hasnt used the damn thing for 2 yrs) and then I emptied the cupboards in the kitchen and cleaned them all out. I got told "a bit of dirt doesnt hurt!" I told him I wanted a clean house to bring a baby home to.

Last edited:
Flaxen thats my arguement when tidying up that I want it to be nice to bring baby back home to, but I get told I'm being ridiculous and that the baby won't notice a bit of dirt!!! lol.

This has made me laugh! Men are blind, my hubby has been home from off shore for a month now and still hasn't emptied his toiletry bag which is still next to the sink, I'm not moving it! I bet his bag of dirty washing is lying about too which will be a mad panic to get washed the night before his next trip away! And of course once the baby arrives they are far more tired than you even though your the one who gave birth and are breast feeding all night while they are asleep!

My husband is like yours Rach and Shell. He works so hard, up early every day and does a physical job. I work from home most of the time and used to fit in cleaning in the daytime but I don't have the same stamina or speed now I am more beach whale-like. My sister is also living with us for a while and she's lovely but not naturally a cleaner. I have to Hoover 3 times a week with dogs and it's always me who thinks about it and does it. As well as the bathroom cleaning, polishing/dusting, lawn mowing, floor washing etc..... I have said to both I need more help and am going to do a blooming cleaning timetable if they don't help me out more!! They just don't think sometimes and are tired themselves I know (well my Hubbie is) but I think I win that competition at the moment carrying the baby and working still!

I'm no where near in Tri 3 ;) But had to comment

This drives me made, Liam will get home, dump his bag and coat and shoes in the room i have been tidying all day and then do NOTHING

He just doesnt notice/care

this weekend i asked him to do 3 jobs and he just didnt bother ALL weekend! i had to tell him to do it again on the sunday and then obviously he complains about being told what to do! Sort yourself out man!

He will do the kichen occasionally after i have cooked but he really needs telling... Hes good in that if i say 'oh i have just not stopped today and i still need to do the kitchen' he will go and do it...

Oh and he leaves shit stains all over the loo - drives me absolutely loopy lo!

Last edited:
Oh and he leaves shit stains all over the loo - drives me absolutely loopy lo!

this made me laugh so much :)

Im so thankful i live with my mam, she isnt well she has COPD and gets breathless really easy, i lived with my husband for four and a half years and he was a lazy sod. i worked and he didnt... due to ill health so i hate to bad mouth but he could of cleaned up around the house but choose not to. He couldnt even be arsed to walk our dog, which was left to be his dog because he wouldnt let me take her even thoug i walked her before and after work grrr....So when i moved back with my mam, she does the hovering everyday (my neice and nephews are messy when they visit) i do the cooking and we share the dishes. Since Feb ive painted through the house and im nearly finished the nursery and started on my room last weekend! i do the dusting, windows and everything else including walking her dog, but i dont mind because my mam does what she can and because she is female she notices and is appreciative of having a clean and tidy house.

When i stay over at the boyfriends, his room can be a mess which drives me crazy!!!! to the point i thought i dont want to nag him so i gave him 2 options...he keeps his room tidy or i dont stay over... thankfully im still staying over or that would of been a bad sign in our early days relationship lol

xx

OH and I would have been married for a year on the 20 november this year, thats next month. we dated for about 2 and a half years before marriage mainly because i was still in school and wanted to get my degree first, during aaaaaalllll of the two years i would visit him on weekends and sometimes spend the week with him if i was feeling naughty and each time his apartment was spotless! i was so impressed as i am a bit of a slob myself..... fastforward to the day we returned from our honeymoon, and i'm not exagerating, really wish i was...... he drops his bags, crummy shoes and socks right in the living room and since then i have NEVER seen him pick up even a dish towel to help out. granted i'm a stay at home wife now (hopefully not for long tho) and so he works really hard to provide for me and the baby, and i am so so grateful but sometimes i wish he would at least help out even a tiny bit. where is the cleanaholic i used to date??????!!!!!
I used to think it meant he didnt love me anymore but i've realised its a chronic part of man. on sundays he makes a wonderful lobster lunch though and i guess i have to be thankful for that. i do hate housework so and as soon as i drop my baby, i'm getting a live-in, yay!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly why I cannot wait to move out of my house and back in with OH in our own house. Noone cleans up around my house and im dreading having to bring baby here as it is disgusting. I fully admit to not doing my part all the time but I just feel like why should I when 3 other fully competent people live here as well!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back