Men

gracie

Reaction score
Hi

Not sure where to start with this and not sure if its really in the right section but i thought you would all understand or tell me if i'm being unreasonable.

Let me start with the fact that i love my husband immensley and he really is my universe.

Well yesterday he said on the phone that there was something work related that we needed to talk about that it wasn't something to worry about and we'd chat later. Anyway when he came home he drops the bombshell that they want him to work away for a week. This has never happened before and he said that they understand that its a difficult time for it to happen :roll: .

When i asked when they were thinking about he said the middle or the end of march :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: .

I know there is a chance that i will have baby early but its just as likely to be late. As i'm due on the 11th feb i kinda say that anytime in feb is the real possibility. And what if i have a section i then won't be able to drive for 6 weeks. Baby may only be two weeks old when they want him to go away. There is some flexibility so he's hopefully coming home tonight with a full range of options. He also said he's sure his mum would help out but its him i want help from (my mum died in april this year and i still miss her loads) I do like his mum it just that she's not my mum.

I think i burst his happiness bubble a bit as it turned out that he had been really chuffed to be asked and it really is going to be a one of chance for him. I am really really proud of him but this is also a one of chance of spending precious time with our first baby which has taken years and clomid to get this far.

I forgot to mention that it wouldn't be too bad if it was somewhere in the uk i'd even consider paying for the hotel so that we could be together but its the other side of the world Atlanta - America.

Am i over reacting with not being happy about this and what would you girls do. Not sure if any men pop on here now but if so feel free to comment. The whole situation just makes me cry. I'm sure i'll cope but its just not what i wanted.

Sorry its so long and i hope it makes sense.

Thanks.

Grace xx

I'd say that once he see's his little baby the last thing he will want is to be thousands of miles away from you both!!! it will probably break his heart to leave you both and maybe he doesnt realise how hard it will be for him to leave and how much you will need him.

Its not every year you have your first baby.

Bless i dont envy you this as its obviously awkward that he feels pleased he has been asked and you dont want to upset him.

Well, I'd say it's only a week and a huge opportunity, so I'd let him go without making him feel guilty, especially as it will be definitely after the birth.

as hard as it may seem now with your hormones ........ its only a week and he will be supporting you and little one financially. I'd let him go, its not a long time and you will cope.

Oh its so difficult, my husband already works away most of the week, and I myself used to travel all over America with work.......

All that said its not easy for me now Im no longer working, as DH is generally away 3-4 days a week (every week), and will have to be again after the baby is born, he is based a good 3-4 hours from home - we live away from all of our family, and Im always very lonely - mainly as we only moved back to the UK 4 months ago (having lived in France for a year).

Because of the current economic situation in the UK its a tough one, as you obviously want your OH's job to be successful and for him to keep it, a jobs are few and far between at the moment, but you also need his support when the LO arrives - I am having to grin and bear our situation - I hate him being away, but he is extremely successful and his job ensures we have a good standard of living, it also means I can stay at home and look after our baby. As much as I get wound up about it, I also realise that I reap the benefits in so many ways.

I know its really difficult but it is only for a week.......so I think I would try and accept it, and know it will be doing his career the world of good!

A week will fly by!!!!!

Thank you.

I think you are right my hormones are making it worse. Sometimes i can tell when i'm being irrational (even though i can't stop it) but this time i didn't know whether i was over-reacting or not. The thought doesn't seem too bad now. I know i'll miss him and i guess i just didn't want him to miss anything.

It was just such a shock as nothing like this has ever happened before. I now jsut wish that i'd been a bit happier for him initially. I'm sure he knows how much i love him and i'll make it up to him.

Thanks again.

Grace xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back