• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

membrane sweep

farls

Reaction score
just a quick question on membrane sweeps. my blood sugars are going up so midwife is thinking of giving me a membrane sweep to try and get things going as its a bit of a faf starting on insulin at nearly 39 weeks. is it just like having an internal? and do you know how successful they are. im absolutely massive now so the idea of getting this baby out sooner rather then later apeals to me greatly. i'll obviously let you all know whats decided but some advice would be great :D

I had one with my last pregnancy and LO was still 2 weeks overdue!!!!

It worked for me and he was born about 48 hours later. Good luck!

I've no idea how it is done Farls but I hope it works for you if they try it.

I might mention it to my GP this week as I'd give it a go if it has a slight chance of speeding things up. :)

I had one with my last baby and it worked within 48hrs

It is just like an internal, i didn't find it painful really at all just a bit strange having someone do that! But im all up for one again if this baby goes over due too...

Good luck if you have one :cheer:

Paula+bump said:
I had one with my last baby and it worked within 48hrs

It is just like an internal, i didn't find it painful really at all just a bit strange having someone do that! But im all up for one again if this baby goes over due too...

Good luck if you have one :cheer:

My LO was obviously just stubborn, lol!!! I ended up having to be induced :roll: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back