Meitai slings

nori

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have my lovely sling from Maria which is gorgeous. I'm putting Ollie in it now and then but i find it a little fiddly as he is at that inbetween size. I know when they are newborn they need to be in the frog position but Ollie is now getting stronger and he keeps pushing down with his legs. I often get a foot pop out the bottom even though i think ive made it really tight (hes a strong little fella!)

How long is it until i can spread his legs outwards and carry him like that?

Claire x

Claire I dont know if you do this already but I fold the bottom under a little so its like a little pouch at the bottom! Stops feet poking out! :D

You can sort of see on this pic
c5b096d4.jpg

Oh yeah i didnt think of that. The only problem with that is that ollie isnt holding his head yet and will be too long. I will only have to wait a couple more weeks though. :)

Claire x

Hey :wave: It shoudl be ok size wise honey just make sure you pull the top straps tight have a look at my instructions you sort of have to jiggle the baby down into the fabric whilst pulling the straps and doing little jumpsif that makes sense :)

send me a pic if you can x

What she said!! :D heehee
I put Lola in like that from the min I got the mei tai! She has tbh had good head control since birth but I felt secure that if she flopped back she would be supported kwim?

Will have another go with the flap up. OUt of interest though, how soon can babies usually spread their legs?

Well I tried Lola just to see and theres no way she could sit like that yet so I would say about 5-6 months!
Could be wrong lol Better waiting for someone to reply who has an older baby heehee

I tried Ollie too and he was kinda doing the splits! Thought id best not! :)

Claire x

nori said:
I tried Ollie too and he was kinda doing the splits! Thought id best not! :)

Claire x

Hee hee yeh same with Lola :lol:

I don't know sorry as I don't use MT's with a newborn but C was in it from 4 months and could have her legs out.

Last edited:
Dont have a MT *yet* :wink: but Es is fine with her legs straddling me in our RS I cant do froggy position with her very often as she tries to stand up in the pouch :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back