Baby wearers help...

Krystal

Reaction score
Hiya,

I am thinking of getting a carrier for Jack, I had one when he was ikkle but he soon grew out of it. (Baby Bjorn)

I love the look of Mei Tei carriers, Jack hasn't been weighed for a while but i'd say he's a good 24lbs - what weight limit is on them? And what price am I looking at paying? I don't want to pay too much in case I don't use it that often. :D

a mei tai has a weight limit of up to about 40lbs so yes willlast you a while. I could carry Seren in hers now if I wanted (but I don't as I have Cally to carry to). I know babyhawk are doing toddlerhawks for 18 months plus but from what I understand the weight limitis the same, just the body that is longer.

Price wise it depends on the make, model etc. Lookig at a brandnew one you can expect topay between £30-70, but I know other people have found cheaper models on ebay. There is also the second hand carriers, these are usually in great condition. google the baby wearer forum as they have a buy and sell, also look on ebay, gumtree etc.

Thanks for that :) I've just been reading up on them. I love the babyhawk ones. Am just texting OH to convince him we have spare £50 to buy one :pray:

I love my babyhawk, but woven wraps are also good for carrying heavier babies and have more options of how to carry them (although harder to learn how to use). I paid £50 delivered for mine, there were a few for a couple of quid cheaper but I liked the design better on this one - second hand ones are usually in good condition though, but I haven't seen many on ebay. The baby wearer have a sale section though as beanie said, which might be worth a look :)

Good baby carriers hold their value really well so yu could always sell whatever you buy later as there is only a £10 - £15 difference often. That said, that might mean that if you buy second hand you could sell it on for the price you paid :D

No no no krystal! i got my mei tei carrier off maria1979 on here, shes rubys mummy and is runnig her own site now and guess what - she makes mei teis ranging from as low as 35 pounds. Go too reviews area and theres a thread dedicated to her, her links on first page. She does lovely ones, gotmine yestersya and tickled pink with it!

mrs_tommo22 said:
No no no krystal! i got my mei tei carrier off maria1979 on here, shes rubys mummy and is runnig her own site now and guess what - she makes mei teis ranging from as low as 35 pounds. Go too reviews area and theres a thread dedicated to her, her links on first page. She does lovely ones, gotmine yestersya and tickled pink with it!

I got mine from Maria too and its fab :D :hug:

I know you got a silky one :shakehead: its gorgeous. Thugh my camo pink one os shexi too - how are you finding baby wearing - my backs bloody aching thats for sure!

mrs_tommo22 said:
I know you got a silky one :shakehead: its gorgeous. Thugh my camo pink one os shexi too - how are you finding baby wearing - my backs bloody aching thats for sure!

your back shouldn't be aching :? have you got it done up correctly, imogen shouldn't be sitting low and should feel supported.

beanie said:
mrs_tommo22 said:

your back shouldn't be aching :? have you got it done up correctly, imogen shouldn't be sitting low and should feel supported.
I've started finding my back hurts when I am carrying lil miss in a front kangaroo carry but thats because she has suddenly taken an interest in looking at my feet and pushes herself well forward to do so... :rotfl:

I find it really comfy but after a while I start to get an achy back but I suffer back problems so this is expected. I love baby wearing :D

beanie said:
mrs_tommo22 said:

I swear shes supported and all done up right and right in front of me, but i have a croa back anyeways so i did expect it.

i wasn't having a dig just want you to be comfy :(

might be worth a back carry after you have got used to it, i found when seren was bigger this was easier for long carries

Beanie i didnt read into it as you having a pop, i appreciate any comment s from other baby wearers, while im on hols im going to wear her on my back as oh can hold her there while i strap her into placel. Cant di it on my own.

Thanks beanie - you werent having a dig at all you were being lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back