Mei Tai v's Wrap

beanie said:
(though I don't think you can just have one sling, they just all have their own little pros)..
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: yes beanie... thats what I tell my DH when I say I "need" a new sling... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Money is a bit of an issue, but i don't wanna go cheap then put her at risk. So now i don't know which one! Lol. One's a wrap, one a mei tai. Can't afford both.

tbh i would be careful with the meitai as its sewn.. if the sewing is dodgy then i would worry about it falling appart.. saying that there is no way of telling untill you get it any sewing could be dodgy.

the only issue i would have about the wrap is that you cant feel how thick or stretchy the material is.. there are different thickness of cotton jersey i would only say beware of poor quality fabrics. if you cant afford more expensive then go with the wrap.

You can pretty much find any type of instructions on the web....better still you tube has videos on how to tie them... wraps are basically 5m of fabric...nothing spectacular so one set of wrap instructions will fit another and I find videos much more informative...

lisa&alex said:
tbh i would be careful with the meitai as its sewn.. if the sewing is dodgy then i would worry about it falling appart.. saying that there is no way of telling untill you get it any sewing could be dodgy.

Are not all Mei Tai's sewn? Really confused now cause I thought they were sewn, does that mean they arent very safe? :?

Would a wrap be easy enough to make then? My aunt is guiding me through making curtains at the moment (thought she was going to make them for me, I thought wrong :rotfl: ) and doing that is straightforward enough. Would it really just be a case of finding the right fabric and then sewing the seams?

Charlie:-) said:
[quote="lisa&alex":208zaahs]tbh i would be careful with the meitai as its sewn.. if the sewing is dodgy then i would worry about it falling appart.. saying that there is no way of telling untill you get it any sewing could be dodgy.

Are not all Mei Tai's sewn? Really confused now cause I thought they were sewn, does that mean they arent very safe? :?[/quote:208zaahs]

i *think* what lisa is saying is that if it is very cheap it might mean that its not of a top standard of sewing. all meitais are sewn, and should be sewn well enough to carry a small toddler. the whole thing should feel very sturdy hth

I've got a mei tai that i bought off e-bay and i thought it was great when i got it - the little un was only a few weeks old then. She's only 16lb now and i wont use it to carry her as it's (i feel) not safe enough. i would go by recommendations from people.

xx

midna said:
heres a maria sling thought Id add as beanie did

DSCN0393.jpg

Ive got a meitei of hers too but no pic yet :)

Is this premade as in itsx not just onne peice of fabric you dont have to mess about with puting it together???
O saw a girl at the York meet with on eyou just put on a slip the baby in i really donmt want to spend ages flapping about with fabric i have that already with the buckles and velcro peices of the carrier

Geordie&Bairn said:
Is this premade as in itsx not just onne peice of fabric you dont have to mess about with puting it together???
O saw a girl at the York meet with on eyou just put on a slip the baby in i really donmt want to spend ages flapping about with fabric i have that already with the buckles and velcro peices of the carrier

It is one piece of material. I have used both a wrap and a commercial carrier and the wrap wins hands down in terms of ease of putting on, I used to get my hair off with the mainstream type. You need a few practice runs but you quickly get the hang of it. A meitai is even easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back