Mei tai or baby wearers

Oliver's mummy

Reaction score
hi - got my mei tai last week and been testing it, its great doesnt hurt my shoulders at all, apart from the fact that after a bit the waist strap rubs against my hip and gets really irratating, and oliver is really close and snuggled up to me?
could you post piccys of how you look with yours please if possible
what am i doing wrong? any advice appreciated!!!

just wanted to say congrats on baby wearing, but i wear a ring sling so cant help

PM Melanie - she is the expert on all things that sling ;)

Can you please take a photo of your wearing your MT with a close up of the waist straps and also of the knot you tie it with.
What type of straps does it have? Are they padded, angled, straight from the sides? If you know the brand name of it that would help too as different MT's are better tied and worn in different ways.
:D

Melanie said:
Can you please take a photo of your wearing your MT with a close up of the waist straps and also of the knot you tie it with.
What type of straps does it have? Are they padded, angled, straight from the sides? If you know the brand name of it that would help too as different MT's are better tied and worn in different ways.

it is a baby hawk mei tai and i cant upload a piccy as i dont have a dongle thingy, i tie it in a basic knot. i go around the front first so its above olivers bum cross the straps over and tie around the back with a basic square knot, but the waist knot doesnt feel as if it is tied as tight as it could be, the first tightneing part is fine but the second feels as if it has a gap between the basic and the knot that holds everything!!!

does that make sense? :D :lol:

Melanie said:

thank you for your help melaine, but i sat and thought about it and practiced and all that it was is i got olivers legs uneven at both sides, so one side his knee was well out of my mei tai and the other too far in!!!, got it now and its fantastic.

i dont really use my loola now, thanks for advice to others on other topics as this helped me choose a carrier.

:D :hug: :cheer: :moon:

Thats a fairly a common problem hun, im glad you got it sorted!
I love my babyhawks!
Try twisting the straps over each other twice rather than just crossing them, that will hold LO more securely. If you are sure what i mean let me know and ill post a pic for you.

Melanie said:
Thats a fairly a common problem hun, im glad you got it sorted!
I love my babyhawks!
Try twisting the straps over each other twice rather than just crossing them, that will hold LO more securely. If you are sure what i mean let me know and ill post a pic for you.

i think i know but could you post a pic to make sure?

here you go
mttwist.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back