Mei Tai wearers / makers

laracomps

Reaction score
I have desperately wanted a Mei Tai for ages, and now Phoebe is getting a heavy biff bum (18lb 5oz) I am finding it harder to carry her in my wrap sling...

BUT and thats a big but, I really can't afford one right now. So... I have a few questions:

1. My mum said she'd try and make me one - does anyone know the best pattern for one out there?

2. Will a home made be as good as a bought one? Should I just wait till I go back to work and payout the big bucks? I'd love a babyhawk hmmmmmmmm

Thanking you.
:hug:

daftscotslass said:
I love my BH. I especially like the bit of padding the shoulder straps have. I haven't tried other mei tais though so I don't have basis for comparison there.

I've been nosying at the rumplebums forum and there's someone there selling a BH for £36 which is pretty bargainous. http://www.rumplebums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13074

Ditto love mine, but also can't comment on the others. If you choose to splurge, or get that second hand one, I think it'll be worth it

You're both tempting me :shhh:

I've seen a really cheap new Ellaroo one, but its out of stock. Have emailed to see if they'll be getting them back in at the cheap price (£35).

If not I'll have to work on OH :)

Oo thanks Lisa. That looks really good! I'm going to get some really heavy fabric from Ikea I think. Should be cheap and colourful. I'm sure it'll tide me over until I can afford to get a nice one :)

I got on made for me from a seller on eBay - reversable too and cost me £35 ;)

My one doesn't have padded straps but they are really thick and support finlay well.

I'm sure a homemade one would be fine, thats how most companies start :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back