Meeting to sort out risk assessments for work on Monday...

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Jojo84, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Any idea what my rights are as farad how long my hours can be and how I stand wih moving and handling?? My shifts are 14-24 hrs and overnights (although sleeping)

2. mrz85

mrz85 Well-Known Member

What job do you do , x

3. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I'm a support worker for learning disabilities and mental health. We do full care

4. mrs_b_x

mrs_b_x Well-Known Member

I had a risk assessment at work and the policy said that the risk should be evaluated and where it's too great to the mother or unborn child then things should be out in place to reduce it or eliminate it. This can include reducing how much you have to do something or putting you in another job role (at the same pay) where the same risks to do not exist. I work for the prison service tho so a lot of that relates to risk of harm from prisoners. Although, with your clients some of that risk is likely to be the same? Might be worth googling it, do you know anyone else who has been pregnant where you work? Xx

5. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I don't want to announce it. Where I work we have a few low risk challenging behaviour. It's more hoisting and things. I'm hoping we can get around it without having to broadcast it.

6. Beauandhamish

Beauandhamish Well-Known Member

My friend was in a similar job to you and when she was pregnant she had to move to work in the office as they risk assessed that it wasn't safe for her to stop in the same job role x

7. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

We don't have an office :/ ... Well not one big enough. they move me to another service though. What would happen if they couldn't find me a role??

8. LoopyLouize

LoopyLouize Well-Known Member

They would possibly suspend you on full pay if that was the case. It sounds awful that doesn't it but its not like a "punishment" iykwim x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

9. mrz85

mrz85 Well-Known Member

I was working in care when I was having my daughter ,I didn't stay long I left ,the management was awful, hopefully your wont b the case