Meeting to sort out risk assessments for work on Monday...

Jojo84

Reaction score
Any idea what my rights are as farad how long my hours can be and how I stand wih moving and handling?? My shifts are 14-24 hrs and overnights (although sleeping)

I'm a support worker for learning disabilities and mental health. We do full care

I had a risk assessment at work and the policy said that the risk should be evaluated and where it's too great to the mother or unborn child then things should be out in place to reduce it or eliminate it. This can include reducing how much you have to do something or putting you in another job role (at the same pay) where the same risks to do not exist. I work for the prison service tho so a lot of that relates to risk of harm from prisoners. Although, with your clients some of that risk is likely to be the same? Might be worth googling it, do you know anyone else who has been pregnant where you work? Xx

I don't want to announce it. Where I work we have a few low risk challenging behaviour. It's more hoisting and things. I'm hoping we can get around it without having to broadcast it.

My friend was in a similar job to you and when she was pregnant she had to move to work in the office as they risk assessed that it wasn't safe for her to stop in the same job role x

We don't have an office :/ ... Well not one big enough. they move me to another service though. What would happen if they couldn't find me a role??

They would possibly suspend you on full pay if that was the case. It sounds awful that doesn't it but its not like a "punishment" iykwim x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I was working in care when I was having my daughter ,I didn't stay long I left ,the management was awful, hopefully your wont b the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back