Measuring big (Lozzi? Dionne?)

LucyBee

Reaction score
At the hospital this morning, the midwife told me that I am measuring big - 33 weeks :shock: - so have to go back in for a scan on Tuesday.

Has anyone else had this and do you know the reasons why? Lozzi/Dionne - I have a feeling you both had this???

Do I need to worry?!

L x

Woman are different sizes and bumps are different sizes aswell. Just because you have a big bump, doesnt mean you'll have a big baby.

I was measuring small with zack, but he turned out to be a wopper at 9lb 10 and 1/2.

I think it depends on if your carrying alot of water etc. I shouldnt worry about it hun :D xx

violet-glow said:
I was measuring small with zack, but he turned out to be a wopper at 9lb 10 and 1/2.

:shock: Blimey - that's a big 'un!

Thanks for the reassurance. It was the midwife that made me worry really. She was really sweet but looked shocked and hurried off to get the doctor. Anyway, I shall sit tight until Tuesday and see what happens then!

L x

I was measuring 3 or 4 weeks small for my dates but when i went for my scan the size of the baby was bang on.
try not to worry yourself :hug: :hug:

violet-glow said:
She was really sweet but looked shocked and hurried off to get the doctor. Anyway, I shall sit tight until Tuesday and see what happens then! L x

These are the ones to watch out for! she may not be really experienced hun thats normaly the ones who over react dont worry yourself to much :hug:

Hey Lucy hun, don't worry too much about your bump size, not all midwives actually do this anymore as it can cause more worry than is actually worth it. They should be more concerned if your bump measures small (incase baby has IUGR). They will probably send you for the san say babe is normal size or just a bit big, then that'll be it :D
Just see it as another chance to get to see your lovely little baby again hunnie :hug: I loved mine, it is so detailed at this stage :D

i mneasured big until 38 weeks and i had a 10 pounder! :D

im still pregnant... and HUGEEEEEEEEEE lol :D

babys actual measurements on scan are fine for me, its higher levels of fluid causing me to measure large...

i really wouldnt worry hun im sure everything will be fine xx

My measurements have been all over the place too, i have had gtt and growth scans which said at 33 weeks she was weighing about 5lb 10oz's :shock: i have got really big again since and at 36 weeks was measuring 43 :( got another growth scan this week but they just think she is gonna be big and healthy as fluid is normal, Sometimes they say if you are tall your bump can meaure bigger and as im 5'11" maybe thats the reason i really dont know :shock: Im sure you have nothing to worry about hun these midwives can be wrong sometimes too and this just gives us the willies, scuse the pun :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl: xxx heres my bump at 36 weeks +

36wks4days.jpg

Hi Lucy.

Yes i had it with Harley one week i was measuring 3 weeks bigger then i was the next week i was 5 weeks bigger.
at 29 weeks i was measring about 35 weeks.

i was very big and the pain was unbarable, i didnt think i was having a big baby though my belly did not feel rock hard?

the scan showed baby was a perfect size if any thing 1 day smaller then my dates but that the fluid around the baby was high. not over the limit but at the very top end.
i was told that the chances of prem baby were high and that my waters would more then likely break due to my uterus not coping. if this did happen then i would have to go straight to hospital for fear the cord would drop with all the water. i was told all this at 31 weeks and told i would be back for a scan at 34 weeks but i ended up having Harley.

with my first i was measuring 3-4 weeks bigger then i actually was, but when she was born she was average 7lb 5oz

Hi hun i had a scan a couple of weeks ago cause i was measuring 5 weeks too big,turns out baby is perfect size so try not to worry :hug: xx

i measured big all the way through or spot on, i had an 11lber, but that may be because of something else.

There may be alot of fluid or the placenta may be huge, mine was even with the size of the baby, thats why i was so big.

Brilliant! Thanks so much everyone!
Really reassuring!
L x :hug:

Hey Luce, sorry to hear about the swollen ankles and fingers - and now that your measuring big!! What palava :? ! However glad to read your post saying that all is okay re the swollen bits, it can be worrying and annoying as your rings no longer fit and your shoes don't fit properly any more!!!! Still your in the last leg and I'm sure everyone will agree it doesn't get any easier from here on in - sorry not offering you much reassurance here! If you manage to find your way up to Hertfordshire I'll guarentee that an Indian head massage and reflex treatment is awaiting you - besides god knows I need the practice it's been so long :wink:!
Let's know what happens on Tuesday I'm sure it will all be fine, try not to worry to much and otherwise gives us a call always good to have a natter with ya! :hug:

I'm measuring 9 weeks ahead of what I am but that's because I had twins last time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back