Measuring small

Emma58

Reaction score
Just got back from my 28 week midwife appointment and when she was measuring me i was measuring at 26 (I am 27+5).

She said it was nothing to worry about and she wasn't that concerned that she would send me for a re scan.

Is anyone else measuring small for their dates?

ur only measuring a cm small

dont worry about it, the measuring of the bump doesnt mean anything if its only a couple of cm's.

ive measure a cm small each week

She seemed to make a big deal about it. I hate it when they scare you.

Thanks x
:hug:

i think it's rubbish too :hug:

you've got another scan soon haven't you? to check baby's kidneys?

Yes I have a scan next Friday 25th to check his kidney development.

One of them was measuring 1mm too big at my 20 week scan.

Emma58 said:
Just got back from my 28 week midwife appointment and when she was measuring me i was measuring at 26 (I am 27+5).

She said it was nothing to worry about and she wasn't that concerned that she would send me for a re scan.

Is anyone else measuring small for their dates?

My obstetrician doesn't do measurements ever as he doesn't believe it reflects at all the health or actual size of bubs. I'm constantly being told i'm tiny for nearly 36 wks but i've i'm quite a small build and my mum carried neatly with all three of us. I asked my dr yesterday as I was worried and he said that every woman worries that they are either too big or too small. NO woman ever thinks they are just right :D Honestly I wouldn't worry, a few cms means nothing.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Don't worry hun, like the others have said the fundal height isn't very accurate and just causes a load of uneccessary worry. I don't know why they bother with it

I measured at 30 weeks at my 32 week appointment but my Midwife didn't seem concerned atall. I don't know if that's because I have low fluid anyway and am checked frequently at the hospital. I'm sure everything is okay, and you get to see your baby again! :D

mine was measuring 26 at 27 and on the growth scans she's in the 90th percentile....thats on the smaller side but still completely within normal limits and im sure yours is too :hug:

Me!!! :) I'm measuring small... 33cm for nearly 40 weeks.. Luckily, I have regular scans at the hospital anyway and we know the baby is on the largish size... I'm just carrying her like I carried Tia, not much fluid and all baby.

Fundal heights are all voodoo IMO... and only give an indicator in a tiny proportion of pregnancies of any problems.

Only scans can really assure you that your baby is measuring and growing well...

At least I have a scan booked anyway for next week, I can ask then if he's measuring OK.

I measured 26cm at my last appointment which was at 27 weeks, so just slightly smaller than the supposed *perfect* fundal height. The midwife got all hyper-concerned and started making plams for a growth scan. I just ignored it though as it was only my first measurement and you won't know that the baby is/isn;t developing until another measurement is taken. I have my next in a week.

I've known loads of people have concerns about the size of their fundus but usually it's way off anyway- a friend was told that her baby would be tiny- he ended up as a 9lb-er!!! :shock: Another friend was told that her baby would be massive (based on fundus height) and he didn;t even break the 7lb mark!

Don't worry yourself- the measurements themselves mean very little if you compare them to other women. As long as your baby is growing week by week then you should be fine. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back