Me & The OH had a talk last night...

BabyWestwood

Reaction score
he forced me into agreeing that we wont find out wat the sex is :( lol

It was my choice to find out when pregnant with Leighton and now he wants it to be a suprise! I dont know if I can go wivout knowing!!!!

I think im just gonna buy very minimal baby stuff and save money so then after ive given birth I can just go out and buy everything in the blue or hopefully pink!

Any1 else staying team yellow? xxxx

Yep, we're staying team yellow.

It was a joint decision and we talked about it long before we were even TTC!

xxxxxx

I would love to stay team yellow but i know as soon as that scan comes i'm going to want to know lol

Im going to find it sooo hard!! Fair is fair! I found out last time xxx

I need to know what colours to go with for clothes and for the nursery!!! x

We are Team Yellow too, orignally I wanted to know but as Mr W says it is the biggest surprise in life that you will ever get so while spoil it..I can hardly go against that now! hehe So we are quite happy to wait to meet our baby I'm secretly hoping for Team Blue though :)

I think its because we found out the sex of Leighton everything was blue, if I have another boy I dont mind everything being nuetral colours but if its a girl I want EVERYTHING pretty and pink lol xxxx

I honestly have no preference at all.

My parents have only grandson's so it would be lovely to give them a little grand-daughter but I love all my little nephews so much it would be lovely to have another little boy to join the 'gang' :shock:

OH is one of 5 boys so having a little girl would be a shock for him - he has no preference either though!

I know it is a cliche but after everything we've been through we just want a healthy bean

xxxxxxxx

We are finding out for mostly practical reasons but I also so want a girl so much that it may take a while to get over the shock if its a boy, sorry if that sounds awful xxx

We are team yellow, and as someone who is about to pop, I can't tell you how exciting it's getting now!!!! Well worth the wait (and I wasn't bothered - it was also my husband that wanted a big surprise!!). We have done a neutral nursery which we would have done the same regardless of boy or girl, and the clothing thing is the only annoying issue, but I've just bought some basic white and beige and am treating myself to a shopping spree when LO is here!!

I think remaining team yellow has a lot of benefits.

It keeps every one interested (not that they wouldn't be anyway of course) but there is nothing like getting that call to say "Nat had a little xxxx"

Also I think for me - the one that has to do the hard work - it give me that final incentive at the end? Finally getting to find out what I have been carrying for all that time.

I am not fussed about being able to buy things in a certain colour and we won't have a nursey until we move...

Between us we have 4 nephews, a niece and another niece or nephew due in May - all were team yellow as well

xxxxxxxxx

i never found out with any of mine i think it spoils the surprise and wen ur baby comes out first thing u say is what is it but if u already know i cant imagine it beeing the same feeling u get when u dont actualy know,u get loads of gear bought in the colour u have anyways hehe i just love the excitement of it all :) xx

We are saying team yellow too (but I'm convinced I'm having a boy!)

I have 2 sisters and 1 niece (12), dh has two sisters .. and this will be the first baby in his family in 18 years!

I genuinely have no preference, I can see the joys of having both a girl or a boy! DH would like a girl which shocked me (maybe because he wont be expected to take the lead lol!)

I think its all about the surprise at the end of "its a ****"

Which isn't the same if you already know!

Last edited:
we found out at 16 weeks we both couldnt wait ..couldnt just u find out n him have the suprise x

Also I think for me - the one that has to do the hard work - it give me that final incentive at the end? Finally getting to find out what I have been carrying for all that time.

This is exactly why I want to stay team yellow - At the beginning of the pregnancy we were both committed to stay on team yellow but OH is started to sway. He actually said to me "It will be easier when picking out outfits" I thought it was my mother talking to me!!!

xxx

we found out at 16 weeks we both couldnt wait ..couldnt just u find out n him have the suprise x

i don't think that would ever work, how hard would it be to resist saying or buying something.

Exactly what OH said to me Babyem and he REALLY wants to know. I said he could know and I'll have the suprise but he eventually made me admit I would then torture him to find out which I probably would do. xxx

No way am I staying team yellow! My oh wouldn't dare to suggest it, he values his teeth too much ;)
Can't wait for my 16 week gender scan :) x

i wish i was not so inpatient and could have stayed team yellow admire you who are x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back