Cost

littlemuffin

Reaction score
Hi,

My DH is currently at uni this year and not working. I am trying to be pratical, and save for the baby, while buying little bits. We are going for our scan tomorrow, and we can find out the gender.

If you didn't find out the gender, did this make the cost of the baby more when he/she arrived, as you wanted to go out and buy pink or blue, or did it not make that much difference.

i didnt find out with my first 2 just bought a few neutral pieces till they arrived i wouldnt say it made an effect on cost x

Id advise you to just go for white (or neutral) three or six packs from supermarkets or Matalan. It's nice to get excited and buy things but if you are not finding out and you are on a budget i think it's the best way. Plus you'll hopefully find that people will buy you blue/pink when LO is here. Also, there is a lot of red, green, orange out there that is unisex that is just as cute which you could go for.

All the way up to the scan I wasn't going to find out....

I'm weak!

Good luck! x

I didnt find out and just got neutrals, once LO was here lots of people bought us blue things and I can use all the stuff I bought again in the future for a pink or blue baby.
E-bay is a great place to get bundles of clothes at very cheap prices-i've used it for his clothes from 3 months on and its been great - some bits havent even been worn. Also have a look at gumtree for bigger things like cots, prams etc.

I didn't find out and found that before baby was born I didn't spend as much bc any cute outfits I saw I couldn't buy as I didn't know sex! I'm terrible now, every time I gO out I buy something for baby! I would have spent a bomb if I had found out sex before!

It would've been cheaper for me to find out as my SIL gives me all my niece's old clothes so I wouldn't have actually bought anything at all if I'd known Lizzie was definitely a girl. But because they couldn't tell on the scan I ended up buying lots of neutrals that I didn't really need.

We didn't find out, I just bought everything neutral and then was inundated with loads of blue stuff when he was actually born, so no, didn't affect things cost wise at all :) I hope you had a great scan!! Did you find out? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back