Me and my mini me

Selphie

Reaction score
Hello,

First things first,
I'm a proud mother to my 18 month old daughter. She was my second pregnancy as my first sadly ended in a miscarriage. It took 8 months to conceive again.
It was a tough pregnancy, I suffered from sickness then not long after that I developed SPD.
She arrived 2 days early, I was in labour for 26 hours and she was born naturally in a birthing pool with no pain relief.
A very proud moment for me.

She suffered with colic and reflux so the first few months were very difficult. Thankfully the reflux is now gone!

We are all poorly at the moment, so we are feeling very sorry for ourselves!

We are tying to get her sleeping back on track as she did start sleeping through (after months of bad sleeping with me spending night after night on her bedroom floor) but going out on day trips shopping /zoo last week disrupted her naps so the vicious cycle started again....

Last edited:
She slept through last night until 5ish but settled straight away.

I'm very thankful for that as I have felt utterly pathetic today!
We co napped around 10am and she slept for 50 mins.

So its slowly getting better :)

We are social butterflies this week!

Yesterday we met up with a lovely lady and her LG whom I talk to from another forum.

My LG loved the outing, I was very proud of her interacting with others. It had been a concern but seeing her yesterday as eased the worry.

Tomorrow we are going out for a cuppa with my cousin and her baby. I haven't seen her yet do it'll be lovely.

Hello Selphie, found you! Your LO did ever so well yesterday, you should be proud of her! :)

Giving Pippin her lunch early so I can get us ready and go out a tad earlier. There's some bits and bobs I want to get as I don't fancy risking shopping on the afternoon. I want to have a nice relaxing cuppa.... Ha I wish ;)

Anxiety sucks.

Pippin was overwhelmed through out. She was happy in the toy/play area but hated sitting on the sofas abd just wanted to run off and explore.
Couldnt help but feel the other mums were judging me.

Pip had a meltdown in the end. She was overstimulated. I never got to drink much of my tea.

I almost burst into tears at one point when i thought i had lost my keys

:(

Im hoping this isnt a set back.

Pip is happy now shes home thats all that matters to me.

Big hugs. Sometimes other mums do judge, and it's terrible and they really should mind their own business. But other time they're not judging but it feels like they are. Either way, it's about learning to just ignore what they think. It's easier said than done, I know better than most (!) but it'll come in time.

Thanks. It didn't help that I felt totally alone, my cousin has a laid back baby so she was sat all happy drinking her tea and there I was dashing round while mine went cold. Heh! Definitely tell the difference between baby stage and toddler stage!

Just to note all the words/ phrases Pip has been saying recently.

Sun
Fry (butterfly)
Brasaff (blast off)
Ook at dat (look at that)
Daisy (upsy daisy)
Deady, go (steady, go)

Will add more when I remember, so many new phrases :) love this stage!

So last night Pippin was a little unsettled. This mornimg i have been trying to encourage her to doodle. I printed off a Room on the broom colouring in fathers day card so she could scribble... she chose to scribble on the front of the card i had bought haha. Its progress!
Im wondering if she will inherit my artistic talent. Her daddy is the opposite... he can only draw stickmen haha.
She doesnt really show much interest in it. Time will tell, still early days.

She now helps to undress herself, pulls arms out if sleeves, pulls tops up off her head and holds onto me to get a leg at a time out of her trousers. She did the same Thursday but with putting her shoes on.

We made the most of the sun this morning before lunch.
I was hanging washing on the line while pip ran up and down the path. It took me longer than usual as I was dashing after her when she tackled the steps.

I've been considering a toddler pillow for Pip, it'd be nice for her to have that comfort and to get used to it. I'm hoping it'd help stop her from rolling about so much as she bashes the sides of the cot bed. She is no way ready for the cot bed to be converted to the toddler bed as I just know she would roll out of it. We never make any big changes unless we are confident she is ready anyway so it'll be as long time yet. But I think a pillow may be something to think about next.

My mother and step father are coming round later which will be nice.
Of course they have bought pippin loads of presents, they spoil her rotten :)

Although its lovely to see them after so long, I really do not feel up to visitors today. I'm tired, its not even Pips doing as she slept through beautifully. Its far too warm of a night now. My partner is the same, he was up countless times.

Today has been productive, managed to clean the house top to bottom, pip helped in her own way :)
She can now reach things on the kitchen worktops if they are near the edge and earlier she was reaching for the door handle! Must make sure that the stair gates are always locked!

Cant believe shes now 19 months old?!

She has been very pushy and defiant the past few days.

Tantrums are in full swing at the littlest of things!

She slept through , but I didn't so I feel very tired today. We managed to get out for a bit, needed some bits.

She now points to her very hungry caterpillar book and says "egg" and "sun"

She knows butterfly "fwwyy" and oval "offal"

She amazes me so much

I have had enough of toddler tantrums...
God help us when she is a teen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back