Me again..

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Sorry, I feel like I'm always asking questions and not contributing support to others at the moment. :oops:
Had a bit of a tough time recently due to my father in law passing away and this horrendous rib pain (which still isn't going away!) Had the funeral yesterday so hope we can move on to better times now.

Anyhoo, I now have another question, bit embarassing though... I just went to the loo and when I went to wipe I just kept trickling. Is this likely to be just a weak bladder or is it possibly something more sinister ie. waters leaking?

Your bladder will be weaker and softer now so it could very well be that, but if you're worried you should just call the midwife. They will probably tell you to catch some of it and then I think it's a dipstick test they have to detect amniotic fluid. It's best to catch that quickly so don't feel bad about calling them!

Your waters will have a very different smell to urine fwiw.

Did you do the old pelvic floor squeeze while weeing to see if you could stop or slow down the flow? If you can, its wee thats leaking.

FWIW a weaker bladder as baby gets bigger is normal.

If you think its not urine then give your MW a call and talk to her.

Hi hun,

Firstly, don't you worry that you feel as though you're not contributing! I feel a bit wierd contributing to most stuff because I haven't been through what most have on here so don't worry :hug: And you have a lot on your plate right now anyway so it's completely understandable.

Secondly, I don't know if this is similar but I'll go for a wee, stand up after wiping and I leak a little bit of wee out (TMI!!)

The lady at the antenatal class said a good sign to check if it's wee is to cough, if you still leak, it could be waters... I'd probably call your delivery suite just in case. But I'm sure it's just a minor lack of bladder control :hug: xxx

I tend to wee for longer now, in that I have to make sure I don't get up too quickly after I think I've finished :oops:

Hope the funeral went well, or at least as well as can be expected :hug:

Thanks guys, I think it probably is just my bladder control slipping :oops:
Oh well, one of the joys I guess.
Thank you all again, don't know what I would do without you guys :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member