• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May pregnant ladies live in peace!

kittyrooroo

Reaction score
Is anybody else getting really annoyed at peoples over voiced opinions?

Im usually a very calm person and it takes quite a lot to annoy me but the one thing I CANNOT stand is being told what or what not to do!

Since being pregnant, I feel like I've de-aged about 10 years (making up a lot of words today) and now Im the child in this situation!

"Oh, dont find out the sex. It'll ruin the surprise"
"Oh, dont have a 4d scan. It'll ruin the surprise"
(Becoming pregnant was a big enough surprise for me. And I dont do surprises!)

"Thats the name you've picked? Dont you want to buy a baby name book and have another think?"
(No. We've had this name picked out for two years. Back. Off.)

"2 sugars in that coffee? Are you sure?"
(I dont raise my eyebrows when you're sat drinking like a fish or eating two mcdonalds in a day!)

And although I dont want to offend anyone when I eventually snap (which I will!!) I cant wait for the moment people realise these are all MY decisions to make and I can then enjoy making them a little bit more.

Im sure its 50% hormones to blame but Im convinced during pregnancy, other people just disregard our feelings and say what they like. Ive also had a fair share of "you're putting on weight already?" and a personal favourite "you must be boring on a night out".

Does anyone want to help me develop a pregnancy city where we can all live for 9 months?! xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Pregnancy city sounds like bliss in one sense - but maybe too many hormones??:lol:
Totally agree people need to sod off with their opinions though - apparently pregnancy makes us all public property!

Everybody feels the need to have an opinion when your pregnant and I'd imagine it continues when you have a newborn! I've sorta switched off to it now x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Today I've been called a hippo! Yes a hippo! By my boss of all people but we have known each other since we were 12 so I'm not taking it to heart. It still pangs a little :(

i know what u mean i got offerd a coffe the other day then when i said yes plz she said r u sure it s a good idea grrrr

I'll join the city!! I've mentioned this problem several times on here now, I'm sure I never used to be like that towards pregnant ladies before, well I bloody hope so anyway, and I intend not to be one of those know it alls afterwards too, as that's what annoys me at thd moment. I cannot turn into one!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

YES! and I've only told people on Tuesday!!

So many have asked if I know what I'm having and when I say no its too early I get so many opinions about whether I should or not and then whether to have a 4d scan. Then there's the questions like 'so was it planned?!'. My sisters response was 'so when and where did you conceive then?' wtf?!!

I fully agree that we do suddenly become public property when pg and it is VERY annoying, but ladies, to be very honest, I think I shall go and find myself a remote island and not join you in pregnancy city, because, none of us can truly look at ourselves and say we wouldn't judge one another, I think, because we've given stuff up ourselves, but think other things will be ok for us and we all hae our own ideas about baby names etc....we'd probably be worse in some cases than the general public and our families and friends!

I fully agree that we do suddenly become public property when pg and it is VERY annoying, but ladies, to be very honest, I think I shall go and find myself a remote island and not join you in pregnancy city, because, none of us can truly look at ourselves and say we wouldn't judge one another, I think, because we've given stuff up ourselves, but think other things will be ok for us and we all hae our own ideas about baby names etc....we'd probably be worse in some cases than the general public and our families and friends!

Interesting view point. I don't for one minute think that anyone on here would judge each other MORE harshly than the general public etc.

My personal experience of PF is that it's a very safe supportive environment where we can air our views, concerns, rants etc em without fear of judgement. Fingers crossed your experience of PF will be the same xx

YES! and I've only told people on Tuesday!!

So many have asked if I know what I'm having and when I say no its too early I get so many opinions about whether I should or not and then whether to have a 4d scan. Then there's the questions like 'so was it planned?!'. My sisters response was 'so when and where did you conceive then?' wtf?!!

I guess at least it's your sister asking that question and not someone at work or something. lol

I've still not told many people so my life is still pretty peaceful. I know this won't last for much longer and people will start to notice soon, then it will start no doubt.

I'm more scared about people thinking it's ok to touch my bump though!

Last edited:
Yes, it can be quite annoying, the things people ask and say! Everytime I tell people it's twins I usually get nice comments (oh, what a blessing and how exciting) but sometimes get..."ooh, double trouble!" or "you'll have your hands full!" I just smile and nod lol. I don't really need to be told it's going to be tough, but I consider this a double blessing, not a double curse!

I also get questions like "Do twins run in your family?" I know it's just people being curious, but I'm just getting tired of the questions and I still have 9 weeks to go. And that's another thing people say that is bothering me..."There's no way you'll go full term, you're too big as it is!" I'm not so bothered by the "you're so big" comment (my bump is bigger now than when I gave birth to my DS) but the "they'll come early" comment. That is one of my biggest concerns right now...that I'll go into pre-term labour...and I don't need to be reminded of it!

Gosh people really are insensitive! I've had a lot of this too! My least favourite at the beginning was being asked if it was planned! It was planned but I wouldn't dream of asking someone that! And they make it sound as though it's the most foreign idea that we could have planned a baby! (we've been married a year and are both late 20's so surely it's not that bizarre? Lol)

I've also had the are you sure you want to find out the sex one.. And keep getting told I'm not very big for 20 weeks.. Etc etc

I think the worst part is being told by people how and what I should do when they haven't got a clue about pregnancy and have no experience to make judgement by!

Tell me about it!

'Ooooh not long now'
'God, your HUGE'
'It'll be hard work with a baby and uni'
'No more nights out'
'Chips? Again?!'

SOD.OFF!
I know more than anyone I haven't got long left, it's my uterus!!
Yes, I'm bigger but I'm by no means a bloody whale!
I am well aware of the work I am going to have to put in - we did plan for this baby!!!
I couldn't give a toss about going out and having a drink - I'm having a baby with the love of my life!!!!
And YES! I am eating chips AGAIN! Keep your sodding beak out!!! x

Everybody feels the need to have an opinion when your pregnant and I'd imagine it continues when you have a newborn! I've sorta switched off to it now x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

It's worst when there newborn lol , you have Radom people comming up to you when the baby's crying saying "oh she's hungry " or " she needs changing ". When people say about them being hungry I feel like saying oh she will be hungry as I starve my child lol xxx

My oh has taken to calling me fat arse and fatso... it's getting the the point where i WILL snap soon and i WILL knock him out!

People are way too opinionated! They really think sticking their nose in and their 'expertise' is helpful. It's so harsh and rude and I'm sick of it too :(
I'm dreading the same sort of over opinionated stuff from people when the baby's born and then it'll just change to being told how to look after it and raise it.

I am done with all the comments!!

My ML cover is blunt as anything and asked me today why I am not more concerned about how much weight I have put on.... then saw the look of shock on my face and back tracked and said 'well I guess all the weight could be water retention'. She also told me in no uncertain terms the other day that my bump was huge and that I would have a hard time pushing out a 10 punder.... I only met this woman last week!!

Yes, I have put on weight but it is not a stupid amount and my baby is healthy and the MW's have not raised any concerns about me measuring big.

Big hug ladies, at least we have a place where we can rant, offload and support eachother. x

Wish we got a pound for all the comments we get. Then we'd be able to get anything at all for our babies :p

Omg what is it with people?!

One day I get 'omg ur so big are u sure its not twins' - like duh!! I'm like 'no actually I'm not sure, I've decided to forego any scans so it can be a surprise if 2 pop out' - wtf!!

But the next day, someone will say 'omg ur bump is tiny, are u sure ur as far along as u say?' - I'm like 'well actually I've only been pregnant for 20wks but thought it'd be fun to tell people I'm 32wks!!'

And yesterday, I visited my parents and my mum gave me a packet of rolos, so I was munching away and got about halfway through them and my dad said 'Jaclyn, stop eating now!' And I said 'no I will not!' And he said 'u don't need a full packet of rolos, I couldn't eat a full packet of rolos' to which I replied 'well whenever u dish out ur dinner and its a giant portion, I couldn't eat all that, but I don't tell u to stop halfway through it!' He just said 'good point well made' lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

And yesterday, I visited my parents and my mum gave me a packet of rolos, so I was munching away and got about halfway through them and my dad said 'Jaclyn, stop eating now!' And I said 'no I will not!' And he said 'u don't need a full packet of rolos, I couldn't eat a full packet of rolos' to which I replied 'well whenever u dish out ur dinner and its a giant portion, I couldn't eat all that, but I don't tell u to stop halfway through it!' He just said 'good point well made' lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

This is why Dads are the best lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back