• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May not ttc for a while...

positivity :)

Reaction score
just tried to post this but it didn't appear??
it is very unlikely we will be pg in october.
i'm going to share my story with you as i'm so proud of my good friend..
my OH's best friend is currently dying from leukemia. he is 27 years old. its so sad.

my OH has been asked to be in the room at the very end which is an idication of how close they are. our friend has been struggling with this cruel disease for 18 months and on tuesday we were told he has 2-3 weeks left to live. so of course unless it happens naturally i am not mentioning or even attempting ttc during october and probably november.

i thought i would post this as yesterday af arrived and i thought to myself, there is no need to be sad, i am alive, i'm healthy and i'm happy. some people have torturous lives, our friend and his girlfriend are suffering in a way i woudn't wish on my worst enemies. he is such an inspiration to us, my OH will use his friends name as the middle name of our first son as it will signify strength and courage - i hope i can give him a son one day soon.

i know that for people who are long term ttc'ers it must be a real struggle but for the rest of us, hold tight - there is always someone worse off - just stay positive :)
xxxx

Aw hun thats such an awful thing to happen hoping u are all ok :) thats really nice to put OH friend's name in your childs name.
And that is real positive thoughts that last bit, good luck hun xx

Life is so cruel sometimes .. and always to the wrong people :(

x

how sad! :-(
It does make some things pale into insignificance doesn't it? :hug: xx

Really sorry to hear about your friend positivity. Certainly puts things in to perspective. xxxx

Thanks for sharing that with us. It's so sad how some peoples lives are cut off so young- it just seems cruel. My thoughts are with you and your OH through the near future. x

You are so right!! Life is such a special precious thing and I suppose that it why forums like this are here to help us through the high times as well as the low times

I'm so sorry to hear that, sometimes horrible things happen to the nicest people...

My mother died a couple of years back too... cancer... she was the most generous and kind, giving person I know and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her, I'm still struggling with the fact that when I do get pregnant, she won't be there to be a grandmother.

I know how hard loss is, and my sympathies are with you and your OH

Thanks Positivity for sharing that, it really has made me think.

Take care of yourself and your other half xxx

I think your making the best decision.

I hope he passes peacefully and that his girlfriend and your OH somehow manage to cope without him xx

So you know how I was saying above about, how I understand what with my mother passing away? Well that started me off, been upset all day about Mum... then, an hour ago, I got a call from my auntie in Ireland, my Dad has been admitted to hospital and from the sounds of his symptoms... I hate to say it, but it really sounds like bowl cancer :(

I lost my cousin in Feb, he was 39. There's no sense to some things. The only thing you can take out of it is to live each day as it comes and be thankful for the small things. Take care, xx

Twinklinpixie- I really hope for your sake that it isn't- thinking about you x

really sorry to hear that twinklinpixi3, i hope its not what yu think, take care of yourself xxx

Hi Positivity. I am a huge believer in the Circle of Life stuff. Every time I lose someone it seems that someone else gets pregnant, nature either gives them back or just restores the balance, I don't know which, only that it's amazed me how it always seems to happen. Planning to use his name as a middle name is such a part of that. He will never really be gone as long as you remember and your future child will be a symbol of life reafirming itself. I think it's a wonderful idea and will bring you both some peace when that day comes and you do pass on the name and the love too.

TwinklinPixi - am sending you some light and love as it sounds like you feel in a bit of a low place. xxx

Thanks star fish :)

MM :)

BTW, where abouts in Pembs are you from? I used to live in Fishguard, well, just outside of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariyadavis
Back