May be starting??!

fothers said:
Think we need a group hug for all us overdue :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just been reading about prodromal labour on the internet and they say it can go on for a few weeks :shock: Surely it can't last much longer when we are all overdue anyway?

They say it does mean your active labour is shorter though.

I have the dilema of my parents being in Scotland and they were going to drive down and stay down here for a few days after the birth. After much deliberation this morning my mum decided they would drive down anyway as she said 'surely you will start again tonight or later today?' so they are now at Carlisle. Having read the stuff on prodromal labour I now think what if it still hasn't happened by Wednesday and they need to go back home after a false alarm? :?

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Group hugs all round :hug:

I was talking to my BF's mum on the phone and she also said that if you're in slow labour then the active part of labour should be shorter. That's the only consolation right now :lol:

I agree, surely if you're overdue it can't go on that long can it??? :pray:

I feel for you with your folks coming down. My neighbour's in-laws came down for the due date of their baby last year and she was 12 days overdue and ended up having to be induced :shock: Sorry, probably shouldn't have added that! I'm sure it will happen for us soon. My mum reckons my baby doesn't want to be a capricorn and is waiting for till we're in aquarius instead.

Just had a mighty contraction BTW. I want more! Bring them on :cheer:

hugs all round.... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've decided that I'm gonna set myself a challenge to pass on the time, I'm gonna try and hit 1000 posts before she arrives....

Just had a show. Well, it was more browny gunk. Yuck but better than nowt!

Hugs all round girls :hug: :hug: :hug: ill never cope if I get pains like ye are getting, ill be too excited and nervous- im still getting cramps ,strong BH's and sharp foof pains - and I think im going into labour - ill never cope with regular contractions that start and stop :hug: :hug: :hug: hope we all get some proper action soon :cheer: :cheer:

babies are going straight on the naughty step :shakehead:

You are all going to pop at the same time aren't you! That's why there are all these stopppings and startings- your waiting for each other to catch up!

Good luck all of you xxx :hug:

Mine have been between 7 and 10 mins for the last couple of hours and lasting 50secs. They are painful. I just want to go to sleep as I hardly slept last night but can't. I hope things progress. I don't want another night like last night.

lots of hugs! i had a stop-start labour too and it is horrible being in limbo! it is true though about a quicker active labour - all these contractions are making you cervix thin so it will dilate easily :) after my waters finally broke I went from 1cm to baby in 6 hours and it is my first one! don't worry girls it will happen! :hug:

my best advice? do all the washing, tidy up, write a shopping list for your OH si the kitchen is stocked with food, have a REALLY long lie in, a cuddle on the sofa with your OH and practice eating and typing with one hand!!!!!

(of course like me you won't do any of these things because you are too excited that baby might arrive soon and too fed up being pregnant - but i can guarantee you will wish you had once baby pops :) ) :wall:

I was due same day as fothers and I can't imagine (or remember very well) being pregnant now! so hugs all round but enjoy the peace while it lasts :)

OMG this is the most exciting thread :cheer:

So, how is everybody doing? ... I wish you all the very best and hope you don't have to wait too long!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

My contractions are about 8 mins apart. Some are killers, others are not. I just called the birth centre and they basically said they can tell when a woman is labouring over the phone and keep you talking on purpose to see what you sound like when you're having a contraction. She said that if this is my first it may stop-start like this and gradually build up in intensity over a few days until the REAL thing. She said the best thing to do is take some paracetamol and try to get some sleep. She said it's not just about the timing of contractions but also about the quality.

mine have started again now...it seems to be every night. I've had terrible backache all day but I'm pretty sure these are just strong BH again. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Foof pains are quite bad again too ... I hope I'm not up all bloody night again.

Good luck all you overdue ladies, sending lots of labour dust your way!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

ooh c'mon girlies, someone's gotta pop tonight :pray:

My labour was like this with #2 except i was pacing the hospital corridors for 2 days solid then all of a sudden they got worse, started leaking when i had a contraction, managed to get back up onto labour ward from the other side of the hossy and delivered really quick on a little bit of gas and air...My dad wes sent outside and then mum went and got him back in, he couldn't believe i'd given birth already, hardly had time to get my trousers off :shock: ....maybe you're just gonna sit on the loo and pop them out :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Any news on anyone this morning ??? All quiet here just ongoing cramps and little else :wall: I see GP today so she might do another sweep - who knows

:bored: nope nothing here... In fact even the cramps have vanished too... :cry:

Squiglet said:

What are we going to do with you Squig - she a stubborn little thing we will give her that

ella said:
Squiglet said:

What are we going to do with you Squig - she a stubborn little thing we will give her that

Dunno.. but I gave it all I've got last night to start things going... and nothing.. You'd think after one.. this one would just fall out :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: She thought about it and then changed her mind at the last minute.. i can see her being a fun child to have :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
ella said:
Squiglet said:

Dunno.. but I gave it all I've got last night to start things going... and nothing.. You'd think after one.. this one would just fall out :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: She thought about it and then changed her mind at the last minute.. i can see her being a fun child to have :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

C'mon baby Squig, even by spanish tradition your taking too long lol :pray: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back