Mattress Protectors

Tesco do a pack of disposable maternity bed mats that are just a thin sheet

I found then fine under the bed sheet and didn't really notice them

I bought a watetproof mattress protector off ebay! Its got a terrytowling cover on top and doesnt make a sound! Its protected my mattress from all sorts of spills thanx to the kids lol Its washable to and goes in the tumble dryer! I paid £20 for a superking suze 1 :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

its got me thinking a bit more though, I would like something a bit bigger than the maternity mats, something that I can maybe just lie flat on my side. Might get a flat sheet and velcro on a few maternity mats so they dont move during the night!!

our mattress is only 6 months old, and cost us £900 so i dont really want to be risking spoiling it!!

Will towels do the trick?

My period is very heavy so I sleep on old bath towels so the sheets don't get stained.

Will towels do the trick?

My period is very heavy so I sleep on old bath towels so the sheets don't get stained.

I doubt it, I've heard that your waters a much more likely to 'gush' if they break when you are lying down as when you're standing up the baby 'plugs' the cervix more.

Therefore if the towel gets saturated I'm sure it would seep onto the mattress. Towels with a bin liner underneath might work, give you that waterproof protection layer.
xx

Okay dokey. Must make sure always stocked up with bin liners then hehe.

When I had an unplanned homebirth the ambulance driver went straight to my kitchen cupboard and covered my living room carpet with black bin bags , in the blink of a eye , I was so suprised and my carpet was saved what a lovely man that driver was !!!! lol.

Last edited:
When I had an planned homebirth the ambulance driver went straight to my kitchen cupboard and covered my living room carpet with black bin bags , in the blink of a eye , I was so suprised and my carpet was saved what a lovely man that driver was !!!! lol.

How thoughtful!! I supposee it's going to be like we've wet ourselves then is it? I don't know how much to expect!!

When I had an planned homebirth the ambulance driver went straight to my kitchen cupboard and covered my living room carpet with black bin bags , in the blink of a eye , I was so suprised and my carpet was saved what a lovely man that driver was !!!! lol.

We have a cream carpet!! Not that I am planning a home birth...

I think OH is scared my waters are going to break all over the house!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
When my waters went (albeit on hospital) it was a lot more than if you've wet yourself...., it just kept coming!!

yes and after all the waters go there's a lot more mess to follow !!!! lol , birth is not a good past time on a cream carpet , shall we say .lol

We have wall to wall carpets all over the house...
I am doomed aren't I??? Whether my waters brake in bed or not it will be a huge mess to fix...
I so hope they brake at the hospital...

Oh god! All this to look forward too! I just hope it ends up being not too hard to clean up!! X

I'm only 9 days from my due date, and this hasn't even crossed my mind, what an idiot!! :eek: think I'd better go shopping tomorrow, can't really afford to replace our mattress!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

We have wall to wall carpets all over the house...
I am doomed aren't I??? Whether my waters brake in bed or not it will be a huge mess to fix...
I so hope they brake at the hospital...

Do you reckon replacement of carpets/matresses would be covered under accidental damage on household insurance? There's probably some obscure clause that its 'foreseeable' and we should like the inside of our houses with binbags for a month before birth :D but its just a thought.....

xx

Me and OH keep joking that we're going to spend every day in this really nice pub/restaurant near ours..

A couple of years ago a womans waters broke in there and she got free meals and drinks for the baby til their 18th birthday.. i suppose it would save me a cleaning bill too!! x

Stupid question but are your waters actually just water?? :shock:

(where is the stupid questions thread :lol:)

xxxxxxxxxxx

hang around in Mothercare. I cant remember what you get if your waters break in there, but I have heard its a lot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back