Mattress Protector

Sol

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a mattress protector thing in case their waters break while in bed. Someone I used to work with had one I think but I can't remember what they were called.

Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Sol xxxxxxxxxx

You can just buy big maternity/incontinence pad things from boots, they're disposable so better than real mattress protectors

Id say go for disposable, you dont wanna have to fuss about washing one when you are in labour!

My mum (being ever prepared) has pads left from when my brother wet the bed, so ive nicked a couple of those Lol

I've bought some of the disposable maternity sheet things from boots too, they were really cheap which was a bonus. I'm now just debating when to actually put one on the bed...? (I also realised that stashing my laptop under the bed was a bad idea, so have already stopped keeping it there lol!)

I think Mothercare do the disposable ones too. They say to use from 37 weeks. I'm going to get me some of those!

I've got a mattress protector. Was recommended by a friend who said she used hers again when her son was potty training and still climbing into bed with mum and dad.

I've also got the disposable ones too. I figured my waters going would be the biggest mess so if they go in bed the mattress wont be ruined if the protector is on. Then for after birth got the disposable sheets.

I just got a pack of the disposable bed wetting sheets by pampers from the supermarket and put 2 on my bed today. The other 5 in the pack will come in handy during labour and birth at home (fingers crossed!) and also for post birth when I'll be bleeding heavily.

We got the disposable maternity bed mats from Mothercare. I have been using them for over a week now and they seem ok. Not sure how they will be after the birth though...

I best think about putting one of those disposable sheets on the bed then! ...but first, can I ask a dumb question? How much water could there potentially be if your waters go in bed? Those sheets look a bit flimsy, do you think they'll cope?

I noticed home bargains had some too ive got one on matress but going to put a towel under sheet as well as we have a new bed

tbh my waters broke in bed. I was soaked!! But my OH cleaned it up while i was in hospital the day after having my lil man and when i got home that evening it was all dry, flipped and fresh bedding on the bed. So happy i didn't waste money on a protecter. But go for it if you don't want to clean it up x

We got a new matress early in the year , and after the near miss with the MC, we treated ourselve to a soft washable one, best thing we did. Our mattress looks as good as new and hopefully still will in a few years time. Goold when they are out ofk nappies too, and come intok your ned in the early hours and then end up wetting your bed!! You may wake up with your nightie soaked with their wee, but your bed will be saved!

The kids have all got them too, as they sneek drinks to bed!

Last edited:
ive read somewhere its up to a pint, which isnt a lot really, but is when its on ur bed, lol

x

My mattress can't be turned you see. It's one side up only so didn't want to be in a position where I've had the baby but the mattress is still wet. So invested in the protector.

Mine's the same Gem, it's got that memory foam stuff on one side so can't flip it.
If I got the inco pads, would i put them onto the mattress and then put the sheet over the top? Anyone know how sticky they are? Don't want them getting all rucked up underneath me :)

Ive put them under the sheet, dont mind washin that lol mine are just tuck in ones though rather than sticking on.. (they soooooo dont fit on a kingisze bed thou LOL) I find if the sheet is on tightly it keeps them in place though.

we have a super-king sized bed so i will have to get a stick in one too, only found out you could get them yesterday through the Mothercare catalogue

Before I got the protector I put the disposable ones under my sheet on top of the mattress. They drove me crazy because they kept bunching up then after 3 days I noticed that they were disintegrating! They were making me sweat loads and I was ruining them! That's all stopped now I've got the protector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back