Oh now I feel like a very old lady!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Have just changed our bedding and decided it was time to put on the waterproof mattress protector :oops:

I recently read that if your waters go in bed, it can actually rot the mattress and you can never properly dry it out, so thats the mattress protector on just in case, I am now also sitting on a towel in the car.......again I dont want to rot my leather seats if my waters break in the car!

All just a precaution, as Im doubtful I will go into labour before my C-Section..........but it makes you feel like an old person (yes even older than I am now)!! Oh the joys of pregnancy :D

Anyone else put on their mattress protector yet????

I've got a maternity mat under the sheet on my side of the bed. I hate it though - I can feel it and it keeps sticking to me!!

I kept meaning to put one in the car too but i'm hardly driving anymore.

The car we had before had leather seats - I thought that would be ok - easy to wipe!! - but we had to get something a little bigger so now we don't have leather seats any more!!

We were talking about the whole waters breaking thing at work one day, and my friend had hers go in bed - I asked her if she had something on the mattress and she said no, she just let it dry out!! :puke: :puke: I was a bit surprised!!

Mind you, right at this moment I would be highly delighted if my waters went whether i am sat on a mat or not!!!
(better not tempt fate as going out later!)

i slept on a disposable changing mat and sat on another in the car lol but my waters never went midwife broke them just before i started pushing lol

Dont worry, you're not alone! I was considering putting old towels under the sheet on my side of the bed incase waters went.... :oops: :oops:

i put my matress protector on for one night and had to take it off it kept me + oh awake most of night it was sooo uncomfy

Think i be putting down some towels + disposable mat at some point as we got the memory foam matres and would not be funny if my waters went on that. :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back