Maternity Wear?

PinkHank

Reaction score
I was just wondering when the 'normal' time is that you start to buy maternity wear. Obviously I've got a way off yet at only 6 weeks but I am just curious. I have so many questions. Sorry. lol.

i started wearing my maternity jeans at about 12 weeks! I think thats quite early but my bump grew a lot quite early on x

Last time I needed them at around 16 weeks I think ?

I guess everyone is different, but was just wondering when most started.

Anyone recommend a store that does nice maternity clothes?

Are they expensive?

x

i love topshops range but its very expensive! Im hoping there will be some bargains in the Jan sales! :)

I got some nice maternity jeans from New look for only about 22 quid but they dont have much maternity stuff and most of its a bit frumpy x

I got really nice , but expensive jeans from debenams

hey, i started wearing maternity bottoms at around 18 weeks, i went to next got skinny jeans, normal jeans and work trousers from there quite reasonably priced as well., and a really nice fit, they do all different lengths. Also leggings are great with nice big jumpers and boots. Primarni for them 3 quid for a pair of leggins!!! Bargain!!! xxx

hey, i started wearing maternity bottoms at around 18 weeks, i went to next got skinny jeans, normal jeans and work trousers from there quite reasonably priced as well., and a really nice fit, they do all different lengths. Also leggings are great with nice big jumpers and boots. Primarni for them 3 quid for a pair of leggins!!! Bargain!!! xxx

Yeah good old Primark! Think a trip to Primark will be on the genda after Christmas! The big one at Lakeside Shopping Centre :)

I got a really nice pair of maternity jeans , that just have stretchy pockets rather than a nasty stretchy large panel at the front from Next for just £20 and they were the ony ones I got! I was wearing them from 16 weeks I think, but havn't adjusted them in ages as they go under bump and mines quite high.

recently I went through my wardrobe and tried on two nice pairs of tracky bottoms I had put away as sie 12, and they still fit fine as under bump! so you never know what might fit you depending on your bump! so much easier for washing and drying jeans now, didnt want to spend out and don't like leggings. I did have a wedding last week and found smart trousers in Peacocks for just £8! maternity too!!! so worth a look if you have one

Take a look around and then see how big you get and when

Last edited:
I got some maternity jeans at about 13 weeks, but although I have a bit of a bump, it's not a proper big ass bump yet so I have to keep hoiking them up lol, made me think twice about buying more at the minute!

Im 8 weeks at the mo, havent bought any maternity clothes yet but have pretty much switched to leggings and a long jumper every day lol
my jeans are uncomfortable, its not that they are tight but I dont like the feeling on my belly lol

I figuire I will live in leggings for a bit and when the bump comes properly Ill go in search of some maternity trousers :)

I cant wait for the warmer weather tho so I can wear nice loose dresses and things :)

At least when we a heavily pregnant we can all wear summer dresses and comfortable loose things .

I ordered some maternity jeans yesterday because I have a little bump already. Other than that i'm living in leggings and jogging bottoms! Good old elasticated waists! lol

xxx

Im now in the awkward in-between stage, and its a nightmare!
Im finding all the maternity stuff really frumpy and flowery,lol, not really my style!

I have bought a few bits to wear for xmas parties and stuff, in normal clothes, just the next size up in some cases. Think I will invest in some maternity jeans, maybe a few basic tops, but the rest of it, is not really my thang!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back