maternity pay

lauramleigh

Reaction score
hi just wondering what maternity pay everyone is going to get..

I wrote off to personell and they have finally sent me the details..

first 6 weeks - 90% of my wage
Next 12 weeks - 1/2 a weeks wage + Smp
next 21 weeks- Smp

So maybe i am not going to be a skint as i thought i would be!!! :D

It's depressing for me because after the 1st 6 weeks I will be on less than a quarter of my normal salary. Not much to pay the household bills, car loan and mortgage...in fact it won't cover it, so I'm trying to get things sorted out at the moment.

hotluck said:
It's depressing for me because after the 1st 6 weeks I will be on less than a quarter of my normal salary. Not much to pay the household bills, car loan and mortgage...in fact it won't cover it, so I'm trying to get things sorted out at the moment.

I know what you mean! I will also be going down to less than a quarter of my salary. I've started stockpiling nappies etc. I think I'll be asking for Sainsbury's vouchers for Christmas!

Lauramleigh - guess we should count ourselves lucky. I get the same as you but i know a lot of women who will get far less.

My DH wont be entitled to paternity eave though (well we don't think so) as he is going to be starting a new job in the next two weeks. Think if he isn't entilted to it he can buy some days off so he might do that x

My company doesn't believe in giving benefits to their employees! I get statutory, that's it!

so 90% for 6 weeks..
then the next 33 weeks at the statutory £110 or whatever it is per week!

Im really lucky they just changed our mat pay from the 1st Oct and I get 100% for the first 12 weeks
60% for 6 weeks after then SMP for the remaining

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back