Child tax credit

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Is it right that when u apply for this, you go on your normal wage. What about the fact that i will be on a substantially reduced wage (SMP)??? I don't get it??? can't you apply stating your maternity pay, or will that kick in the next year??? hellllpppppp????? :roll:

When you go on SMP I'd call them and tell them.
They would take it into account next year but if you want them to they can adjust it right away.

I rang them and they said while you are on maternity leave you are classed as working the same amount of hours...didnt really matter to me because i get paid just about the same anyway, maybe its worth giving them a ring.

Thanks girls, do u apply before baby is born or straight after?

I think its after, if i remember rightly they will backdate it to the babies date of birth as long as you do it within 3 months!

I rang them today to tell them i would be going on maternity leave and they said nothing would change in that way cos i am still classed as employed.. But they said i need to work out how much less i would be getting in 2008 for them change the entitlement..

sorry to sound thick here but....

can i apply for this when my babies born as i will be on maternity leave but i guess thats still classed as working?

do you have to work a certain amount of hours?

does it matter how much you get paid?

how much do you normally get?

this is all new to me as this is my first baby, any help would be great, thank you girls :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back