• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity pay

LinsG

Reaction score
I was wondering, How many of you are getting any additional maternity pay from your employer? I'm only getting SMP, and that from an employer who supposedly wants to give his staff good perks!

I only get SMP too which i personally think is rubbish as i work for quite a large company of which 95% are women. :x
Some companies are really good and offer good maternity pay!

I think the longer u work at a company.. the more maternity benefits you should get... i just get SMP also :-(

I just get SMP too- I would love to work for one of these companies that give you perks- life would be much easier :x

for the 1st six weeks i get an extra 10% of my average weekly pay on top of smp, this is because i have been working for them for more than a year :cheer:

I' m still waiting to get my maternity benefits confirmed. I applied for mat leave 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear what's happening. I'm getting rather annoyed. Will have to give them a kick up the bum to get things moving. xx

I get 6 weeks at 90% pay, then 12 further weeks at 50% pay plus SMP, then up to another 21 weeks at just SMP. I also had 6 weeks off from week 7 - 13 due to constant nausea, and received full pay throughout.

i got my letter only last week telling me what im gonna be getting.. i started maternity 21st june and for the first 6 weeks.. i get 100% of my average earnings then 39 weeks at smp.. then if i want to i can take an additional 3 months without pay..

i thought that was ok..

i work for pc world :rotfl:

I will get the following:

4 weeks full pay
2 weeks 90%
12 weeks at half pay plus SMP
21 weeks at SMP only
With the option to take the additional 3 months nil pay.

I think our maternity policy is ok but not great, I can't imagine only getting SMP not sure how we would cope.

I get 6 weeks at 90%, 12 weeks at 50% pay + SMP, then 21 weeks at SMP.

For me as I don't earn a lot, the 50% pay + SMP is near enough my full pay anyway.

I work in the police - like all public sector companies I get good benefits, but the pay is low!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back