Maternity Leave?

ella

Reaction score
When do you plan to leave work? I work full time and drive 30 miles each way. Im thinking finish 8th Dec, baby due 18th Jan and return to work ..............5th Jan 2009 :cheer: that includes Mat leave, some additional leave and annual leave, will have to see how we cope financially though. Does this sound reasonable.

that sounds great, I leave on maternity leave on 7th march I think, but got on 21st feb (annual leave) thinking maybe of leaving earlier though :think:

I think I am going to finish on 7th December so only about 12 weks to go :dance:

Thats if I can stand to stay that long!!

Sounds wonderful I hope you can do it. :D
Check out my post about it it's called So P***** off
:cry:

I would say thats reasonable, most people ive spoken to have taken their MAT leave around 6 weeks before their baby is due for a few reasons, 1) baby might come early 2) at the stage you will be, your most likely to feel absolutly knackard! and some people will have the opportunity to use their years holiday up before baby is due so their might not be a need to start MAT leave until after baby is born.

My holiday runs Dec to Dec and in a few weeks i will be asked if i want to use it all in one go before baby arrives or if i want to carry on and have it as pay. Financially it might be better for me to take it as pay as the MAT leave i get will be a lot lower than what im earning now. I intend to take a whole year out before returning to work.

Oh but dont forget you can start maternity 11 weeks before babys due date, i was going to do that but soon changed my mind due to finances. Oh what a nice holiday that would have been!

Tiggy xx

i plan to leave Dec 21st... due Jan 17th... but i don't know if i will last that long.... i am already hating the long days...... will see how i go.. i have 8 days annual leave left to take before then also.... (plus my weeks holiday next week ) :)

I'm leaving as early as i can - so the 6th December and i'm not due till 11th Feb :D

I also plan to leave Dec 21, due on Jan 11 so leaving it quite late... plus we don't have a car and I always walk or cycle to work (only about 1.5 miles) so will be interesting to see how that goes! I suspect I'll be doing a lot of working from home / car sharing those last few weeks. But I don't want to lose my decent Christmas leave!

When do you plan to leave work? I work full time and drive 30 miles each way. Im thinking finish 8th Dec, baby due 18th Jan and return to work ..............5th Jan 2009 :cheer: that includes Mat leave, some additional leave and annual leave, will have to see how we cope financially though. Does this sound reasonable.

that sounds great, I leave on maternity leave on 7th march I think, but got on 21st feb (annual leave) thinking maybe of leaving earlier though :think:

I think I am going to finish on 7th December so only about 12 weks to go :dance:

Thats if I can stand to stay that long!!

Sounds wonderful I hope you can do it. :D
Check out my post about it it's called So P***** off
:cry:

I would say thats reasonable, most people ive spoken to have taken their MAT leave around 6 weeks before their baby is due for a few reasons, 1) baby might come early 2) at the stage you will be, your most likely to feel absolutly knackard! and some people will have the opportunity to use their years holiday up before baby is due so their might not be a need to start MAT leave until after baby is born.

My holiday runs Dec to Dec and in a few weeks i will be asked if i want to use it all in one go before baby arrives or if i want to carry on and have it as pay. Financially it might be better for me to take it as pay as the MAT leave i get will be a lot lower than what im earning now. I intend to take a whole year out before returning to work.

Oh but dont forget you can start maternity 11 weeks before babys due date, i was going to do that but soon changed my mind due to finances. Oh what a nice holiday that would have been!

Tiggy xx

i plan to leave Dec 21st... due Jan 17th... but i don't know if i will last that long.... i am already hating the long days...... will see how i go.. i have 8 days annual leave left to take before then also.... (plus my weeks holiday next week ) :)

I'm leaving as early as i can - so the 6th December and i'm not due till 11th Feb :D

I also plan to leave Dec 21, due on Jan 11 so leaving it quite late... plus we don't have a car and I always walk or cycle to work (only about 1.5 miles) so will be interesting to see how that goes! I suspect I'll be doing a lot of working from home / car sharing those last few weeks. But I don't want to lose my decent Christmas leave!

i plan on stopping work around week 29 and taking a year out

i think il be leaving mid jan , not due till 1oth march , i do a job that will be near on inpossible in later weeks lmao , its so hard even now !

My boss has been a complete @rse about everything- he told me the pregnancy was a complete inconveniance to him :roll:

My job is really physical and really long hours so I am now going to stop at 32w -16th Nov- and take all the holiday he owes me as pay.

I am not due to til 15th Jan so no idea what I will do for all that time. Hopefully I will have a really strong nesting instinct and can rent myself out to family and friends to do their cleaning :rotfl:

fothers said:
I am not due to til 15th Jan so no idea what I will do for all that time. Hopefully I will have a really strong nesting instinct and can rent myself out to family and friends to do their cleaning :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: ill rent ya - you can do my nesting for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back