Maternity leave

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
I know its really early to be thinking about it yet but i was being noisy at the company HR handbook today and found a nice suprise, as ive been there over 2 years i get 18 weeks full paid maternity :) then i can take further weeks SMP if i like. Has anyone else checked there maternity allowance yet? x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm self employed so no maternity pay for me - should get maternity allowance x

Wow Mummy, lucky lucky you!! Had a look before at mine, 6 weeks at 90% of wage then SMP thereafter so skint bascially xx

you qualify for maternity pay if youve been working at the company 26 weeks before your 15th week of pregnancy.
At first, you get your first 6 weeks maternity pay at 90% of salary.
After that it goes down to £124 a week, for the next 7 and a half months, so 9 months all together paid. the last 3 months of maternity leave are unpaid.
Think you can take it from 15 weeks left of pregnancy. I am going on mat leave on 20th dec so i will be be 36 weeks, but i have a few weeks holiday so actually going to finish work on the 6th dec. Cant wait!! x

I get 16 weeks at full pay, then 23 more at half pay. I can't wait to have to have 9 months off!

I cant work the maternity pay out, I started with my company on August 2nd, I am now about 8 weeks pregnant, do I qualify? I dont think so, if not, how on earth do people cope on SMP, its barely a third of my wage, do you get other benefits? I dont understand how people are meant to survive on that little???

I won't be getting any maternity pay what so ever! I'm a Childminder and NEED to keep the children I will have when Bubba arrives so i'm literally working right up until the birth (if all goes well) and will be taking all my holiday days off in one go as maternity leave so literally 2/3 weeks. Then the kids need to come back or their Parents will find alternative care and i'm buggared!

If I end up having a c-section then i'm completley buggared at it means at least 6 weeks off work recovering so all my Paren'ts will find new childcare!!!

We just can't afford for me to have tons of time off work. Luckily my work is at home! :)

xxx

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back