Maternity Leave

Sunflower

Reaction score
Hi Girls just a quickie really!

For those of you working in an office with flexibility when do you plan to give up work? at what week? am strating to have teh conversations with my boss and not sure what to say!!

Am lucky as i can work from home so am keen to work as long as I can - but with spd not sure how realistic I am being - would love to get your views on when you think you will give up etc

X

i think it depends how far you have coped with preg so far.

I offically went on maternity leave from 32 weeks as could not cope any more

I officially started mat leave on monday but stopped on 24th December (xmas covered with holidays). I was about 34 weeks and I'd had enough of sitting in a chair... I was getting quite sore in my bum and hips!

i'm on it now

well actually finished 23rd Dec for xmas which was covered by holiday then this week i'm also using as holiday i left over so my maternity won't start til 12th Jan when i'd be nearly 39 weeks glad i didn't have to work til then

I've set my maternity leave as my due date!! :lol:

However got quite a bit of holiday for the year so i am taking 2 weeks off before that so planning on leaving when i'm 38 weeks.

I've been feeling not too bad and although i was having doubts this week if i could make it as was feeling sooo knackered i'm getting back in the routine again a bit as i was having lots of nice lie ins over xmas so found it a shock coming back into work!!

I've got quite a flexible job too, i work in an office, and currently i'm coming in most days, work from home some days, like if i have an appointment i just work from home that day and i'm probably going to increase working from home if i have no meetings no point coming into the office!! Not too bad then, can work in bed :D

I'm thinking i want to work for as long as pos but 2 weeks off sounds like heaven and some time to prepare last minute things, but knowing me LO will come early and won't be ready :lol: !!

Im planning on working up to 38 weeks :) my OH wasnt happy with this but because I am only having 6 months leave I wanted to leave as last as possible

x

I am finishing on saturday 17th of January when i'll be nearly 31 weeks, I do a very physical job and actually been struggling over the last month but keeping myself going until then so i get longer off afterwards, i guess it depends on your job and how well your copeing i guess....I barely get chance to sit down and rest in my job so will definally be making up for it soon!

I started mine as soon as i could, 28 weeks! The job was soo stresfull and i worried so much about baby while working. Its a care home but i was doing the same job as before i was preg. Always short staffed and over doing things! :shakehead:
My friend who works in a delivery suit went four weeks before due date, must depend on so many things. I would loved to of worked till nearer the due date but it's a not good place to be.. :|

i gave up at 27 weeks, mainly because that was when my christmas job ended :( would have liked to carry on for a while, but they couldnt afford to keep anyone on, which is understandable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back