Maternity Leave

Bee7

Reaction score
When is everyone thinking of going on maternity leave? I'm due on April 17th and originally wanted to try and work until the end of March. However i'm starting to feel really tired now and have lots to sort at home before baby arrives, so have changed my mind and going to go mid March instead (by then i'll be nearly 36 weeks).

My OH/family still think this is pretty late and i should go off earlier, but i want to work as long as possible and thought that even though this was earlier than i originally planned i'd still be doing quite well. But my boss just made a remark about how if i go overdue i'll 'be off for ages before baby even arrives' if i go mid March. Not really sure how to take it to be honest - do they expect me to work up until i go into labour or something?! When is everyone else taking their leave? xx

Hey hun, my last day is 16th March, wanted to work on a bit but with holiday year etc i had to leave then, quite pleased now thou! 5 weeks and counting :D ahhhhhx x

Come 130 this friday im on mine n cant feckin wait :)

If i could go back in time id defo go earlier though, i completly underestimated how exhausted id be

i finished on 1st of january but used hols before that so ive been off since 18th of December lol

Come 2.30pm this Friday I'm on my leave!!

Yippee cannot wait so had enough of work, and then hopefully it'll give me chance to get operation "get ready for baby" going!!

I wanted to work as close to my due date as possible as i am only taking 6months maternity leave so want as much time as possible with bubs. My due date is the 21st Feb and officially start maternity on the 20th Feb. I finished up on the 3rd feb (37wks +3 ) though using holidays to get an extra two weeks as I really was starting to stuggle. More due to the lack off sleep :nap:at night than anything else. I was gonna work another week but in the end it was just to much. FX baby comes soon though as being in the house on my own is really getting to me already :roll:

I finished on 26th jan when I was 36+4. That was plenty late enough for me. I was shattered the whole of jan!

Seems quite a few of you have gone off around the same time as i'm planning then. I just felt as though she was suggesting i was going off too early or something which kind of annoyed me a bit, since i've had no sick leave or anything during my pregnancy. I'm knackered already!

P.s. beckyjane this is getting spooky now, 16th of March is the day i'm planning to go off too! x

I'll be 37 weeks when I start my ML, and than I will be imposed by law to start my ML (I live in Norway). Can't you say you want to work as long as possible and if it get too much you could get sick pay from your doctor?? I'm not sure how your health care system works, but here, we only have a certain amount of weeks of ML (that is, paid weeks), so that's why I wanted to work as long as possible.

Hope you figure something out!!! If you're too tired to work, don't wear yourself out!! Rest and prepare yourself for your baby!!

xx

I'm also finishing on the 16th March and I turn 37 weeks that day. I wanted more time after the birth so am trying to go as close as I can (was planning on 38 weeks but then decided that was REALLY pushing it!!) lol. I'm on half term this week then have four weeks to go afterwards. Not looking forward to it but figure it's all mind over matter!!! And a lot of very slow walking around school... ha ha!

I feel quite wimpy cos i finished work at beg dec last yr i was 29 wks altho the first 3 weeks of dec were holidays owed, but i was still quite early leaving compared to you ladies.

Whenever you feel ready hunni never mind what anyone else at work says xxx

I'm going off at 37 weeks.

That takes me to the 9th march and exactly 19 more working days (not that I'm counting) lol

I'm going off at 38 weeks although I am absolutely knackered tbh!!! I'm due 16th march and breaking up 2nd march, sooooooooooo can't wait!!!

Does anyone know if you had your LO early but had a/l booked prior to commencing mat leave (2nd- 11th) do you lose that leave??? X

Sleepy sue. Yes you do lose that leave as maternity pay has to start on the day baby us born regardless if whether you still have Hols to take.

That's why my mat pay starts just over a week before pip is due to make sure I lose no if my holidays xx

I'm planning on working up to my due date hopefully :shock: xx

Sleepy Sue, you're entitled to all annual leave out with your ML. So if you go into labour and. Have holiday days booked after that you should have those days available to you when you return to work.

I went off work last Monday, using 3 AL days as I was completely exhausted, although I do work constant nights cleaning trains. So pretty strenuous work. It depends on when you feel fit to. You can also go on the sick up until 4 weeks before your due date, if it goes within 4 weeks of your DD they start your maternity leave automatically. :)

Seems quite a few of you have gone off around the same time as i'm planning then. I just felt as though she was suggesting i was going off too early or something which kind of annoyed me a bit, since i've had no sick leave or anything during my pregnancy. I'm knackered already!

P.s. beckyjane this is getting spooky now, 16th of March is the day i'm planning to go off too! x

That is spooky! We are blato gonna pop on the same day! :dance: x

Sleepy Sue, you're entitled to all annual leave out with your ML. So if you go into labour and. Have holiday days booked after that you should have those days available to you when you return to work.

I went off work last Monday, using 3 AL days as I was completely exhausted, although I do work constant nights cleaning trains. So pretty strenuous work. It depends on when you feel fit to. You can also go on the sick up until 4 weeks before your due date, if it goes within 4 weeks of your DD they start your maternity leave automatically. :)

Cheers Hun, I just had a panic I was going to lose my last few days from this financial year!! Xxx

Im also going to be leaving this fri so il be 36+6.
I was going to work another week but didnt realise how tired and heavy i would feel haha. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back