Maternity Leave - how long are you off for?

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
im guessing some of you will be returning to work once your little one is here, i would love to be a SAHM but we cant afford it :( so just wondering how long you girls are having off work?

I am having 10 months and 3 weeks (i think its that anyway lol) - i get 9 months paid (3 months 90%/6 months SMP) and i have taken 2 weeks holiday before my mat leave starts then work have given me another 1 month and 1 week of holidays which i can add onto my mat leave :cheer:

i cant wait to start my mat leave now, it cant come quick enough :D

i officially started my maternity leave on Monday 4th Aug. but before that i took 5weeks holiday!!!!
i have 39weeks maternity leave.
8weeks = Full pay
18week = 1/2pay + SMP
13weeks = SMP

:( 3months.....but hopefully we will have a house where I work then and my OH and baby will be in the shop where I work lots so I wont miss them both.

This is my 2nd week on mat leave although I took holidays last week. I get the same as you pay wise, so 9 months with some pay. I am hoping to have a full year off if possible. I will have 6 weeks holiday to add onto my mat pay but this still leaves 6 weeks unpaid. Fingers crossed we can cope with this financially as I really want the year if I can.
Same as you, I would love to be a SAHM but we can't afford it. Hopefully I can go back part time at least, but will have to see at the time. It sux really :(

I will be taking a full year plus any holiday I've accrued which means I should be due to go back next July/August. That is unless I decide not to go back, which seems more likely as I just can't afford to return to work unless I find cheaper childcare.

I'm the same as mildly-I have no family in the area, aside from MIL who I wouldn't trust with my goldfish (bitty dippy :shhh: ) and FIL, who works, and the cost of childcare would be sky high.

I'm due at the end of september and meant to return to work after xmas.....

I'm taking a total of 11 months off. I'm taking the 39 weeks paid, 3 weeks unpaid and using some holidays and my accrued Bank Holidays to have another 3 weeks off.

I would have been due to go back in August 2009 but as my daughter starts school in the September I'm delaying going back till the first week in October.

As my job is only temporary, I'll get maternity leave until the middle of March. I guess I'll go off on leave around December, but I need to speak to my boss about that first. Afterward I'll be a stay at home mother, but will have my freelance illustration job on the side too :)

I'm taking 12 months, followed by all my holidays, which will be 30 days. So i'll be going back next September. 9 months paid, 3 months unpaid (plan to use savings to cover these months)! I should add I don't actually have these
'savings' yet! I'll be returning on a part time basis though, maybe 3 days. Full time will be too much with 2 kids xx

I'm not officially starting maternity leave til 39 weeks I am taking 3 weeks holiday before that so finishing next sat and coming back to work part time next march full time in June I'd love to take longer or not come back but needs must!

i wish i could afford to take 12 months but im only taking 6 and a half

2 weeks left over leave taken before
4 months full pay
2 months half pay

cant afford to live on SMP there after due to mortgage and loans, i return end of march and get a full leave entitlement in the april so i can always call up and add more on i suppose.

I finish on 12th Sept, and will be taking 4 weeks leave and my Mat Leave officially starts on 13th Oct.

I get 6 months full pay then the next 13 weeks at SMP and the last 13 weeks will be unpaid. I will have a couple of weeks leave before I go back next year so I will probably end up having 13 months off and go back at the begining of November next year.

Tracey xx

I'm taking a full year off and carrying holiday over to use in the last month so that I can get some money coming in or take 13 months off.

I get full pay for 6 months and then SMP for 3 months so things aren't too bad for us financially whilst I'm off.

I am taking 9 months off maternity leave, my maternity leave officially starts on Monday 11th August (this monday!!) I have been off for the past 2 1/2 weeks on holiday which has been lovely!!

Xxx

This is my first week of mat leave, I finished on sunday at 37 weeks. Will be taking 9 mnths off, just on the basic pay of 90% for 6 weeks then SMP for the remainder. Would like to stay at home longer but just cant afford it. I only work part-time anyway, about 28 hours but still have to pay for childcare :(

tinkerbell* said:
i officially started my maternity leave on Monday 4th Aug. but before that i took 5weeks holiday!!!!
i have 39weeks maternity leave.
8weeks = Full pay
18week = 1/2pay + SMP
13weeks = SMP

Snap!! I even took 5 weeks hols before too :lol:

Although I haven't actually been at work since April because I was signed off because of SPD.

I haven't decided when to go back yet. It depends if we can manage for 3 months on just my husbands wage so I can have the full year off.

I am taking 9 months off starting Sep 12th. I took a full year with my first son (which was lovely!) but think I am just going to do 9 months this time. At least we don't have to decide until nearer the time!

I plan to leave work on my DD if I can cope till then, origionally this was the plan then a week ago I thought I couldnt cope and wanted to leave and this week I really want to stay again....Gawd im indecisive :roll:.

I get 6 weeks at 90% wage then SMP, I will be loosing a hell of a lot of money per month but I have savings so that I can stay off for 5 months after the initial 6 weeks.

We plan for DH to take some time off if I go back sooner before we hand her over to childcare.

With DS I only had 8 weeks off and was desperate to return to work.

I've got 12 months and 2 weeks off. The last 3 months are without pay so hoping to be in new house and on lower mortgage by then as sorting out a reduced rate :pray:

I start my maternity leave at the end of next week. and im off till June, really wish i didnt have to go back :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back