Maternity clothes

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
I went shopping today for new clothes ive left it as long as i can but i was despreate for clothes as my bump is getting so big. I bought 3 pairs of joggy pants size 14 im usually 10/12 But im ok with this as the joggies show of my bump nicely. I also bought new tops and jumpers to show of bump in a cute way. Ive found actual maternity wear rubbish. So stuck to going up a few sizes on normal clothes. Im going back shoping tommorow as i am going up home to Newcastle for xmas and wearing joggies i will freeze to death so i need warm trousers i tried maternity jeans in Peacoks HORRIBLE ive only puy weight on my tummy i am not a size 14 16 any where else i looked like a huge blue sack of potatoes.
I also bought a new bra SIZE 36C WOW im usually a 34B i was a relife to put it on my boobs can breath agian. Though i think iwent a little tom big ive got little room to grow HOPEFULLY I bought all my stuff in QS and Peacocks why by stuff from mother care for rediculous prices when your only gonna wear it a few months. Has anyone got more ideas of places to buy good trousers. I am short in leg so struggle to find trousers anyway i am 29inch most trousers are 31inch.

I must admit i have only got one pair of official maternity bottoms which are a pair of jeans from mothercare. They are really comfatable. And they are in short leg too, cost me about 20 quid. All my other trousers are stretchy ones that sit under my bump or joggers when i am at home.

I sem to be living in OHs tracky tops at home and stretchy jumpers at work. Got a few nice tops from primark that cover my bump fine. I also cant seem to spend stupid amounts of money on maternity clothes, so trying to make normal clothes work for me by buying longer length and stretchy material at the mo.

I've only got two pairs of maternity bottoms. I've the got the same one's as you Charlie, the £20 mothercare jeans which I love! They are so comfy!
Got a couple pairs of trousers that I bought when I was a stone heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight and they still fit just!

Ive got one pair of maternity jeans and 1 pair of maternity combats, also got joggers too but so far still wearing a lot of my normal stuff

I think I need to try the Mothercare jeans- I have a pair from mammas and pappas and they are a size 10 so should be snug by my usual size 12 standards, but I have found that in order to wear them and not feel as if the crotch is between my knees, I have to pull the elastic thingies in so much that they end up crinkled and uncomfortable at the back! Too big to fit in my normal jeans now though- anyone else finding this inbetween stage infuriating and uncomfortable?!?

ive been having a nitemare finding maternity wear but i have to say that New Look has been my saviour!!!!

Fashionable clothes that fit well and dont cost the earth, i really reccomend them 8)

Yep got to agree with you the mothercare jeans are so comfy muppetmummy.
I am jealous tho to all those with a new look with a maternity collection, the nearest ones to me dont seem to have any maternity clothes :x

Try ebay hun, lok on there for jeans and trousers. My Mum got me a big bundle of maternity jeans and clothes for a good price. They are short in the leg and size 8-10 and fit like a dream :cheer:

you sound like you need underbump jeans. Next do a nice pair and they just look like normal jeans but with bits of navy elastic above the pockets. These did me till the bump got too big then it was onto the sack like ones that sat on the bump.

Try ebay for lovely maternity clothes.

Dorothy perkins do maternity and you can buy them online if you don't have it in your one. The good thing is that if you buy online and they don't fit you can just take them back into the shop.

H&M also do maternity wear that isn't extortionate.

Hope you manage to get something babe xx

I got all of my maternity wear on Ebay other than a couple of pairs of work trousers which I got in H&M january sale last year - both pairs for £10! I also got dresses a size up but with lots of lycra (mainly New look sale) which worked well through most of my pregnancy. I tended to have to take up any trousers though - I have short legs (especially as I went into low heels for the second half) and to get the right size, maternity with short legs was just too much to ask. YOu can take up most types of trousers fairly easily with magicweave tape

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back