Maternity Clothes argh....

leeste16

Reaction score
So I went shopping yesterday to get some maternity clothes, as all my jeans and trousers no longer fit.
So I went to touchwood, which is a fairly big shopping centre in Solihull.
Went into next, asked the assistant do you sell maternity clothes? his reply... no not in this store, oh so is no one pregnant in solihull???????
So I carried on looking walked past River Island, Jane Norman, Republic, USC and Mango laughing to myself (secretly crying inside :lol: ), because non of these shops sell anything above a size 1!!!!!!!!!
So I come to H&M, thinking to myself this is it, I have found the shop. :dance:
I go to the maternity bit and pick lots of clothes, I would say I am a size 14 so i picked 16 to allow for growth.
I was desperate for some jeans.
Off I trot to the changing rooms, arms full :pray:
Now the fun starts jeans size 16, half way up my leg.. stuck!! :evil:
Ok reluctantly ill try an 18 my darling OH goes and finds them, on the go, thigh...stuck. :twisted:
H&M the stupid people make the very top stretchy but the top of the denim has no give in at all. So its like trying to get a done up pair of jeans on. Which just doesn't happen!!! :wall:
OMG I was hot annoyed and depressed!!!!!! :shakehead:
WHY???????? Why would they do this, do they not know we grow and need comfort!!!!
Well I left there with a pair of trousers for work and a top woohoo.
So I am no further forward.
I tried Tesco and Matalan, neither of them sell maternity clothes, I didn't think it would be this hard :cry:
RANT OVER SORRY.
Anyone else had similar problems?
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
xxx

I dont buy maternity clothes, just clothes that are loads of sizes too big!!!

Dorothy Perkins and Asda did really nice maternity jeans

frangelle said:

Thats a very good idea as you'll be bigger than you were for ages after the birth and the last thing you'll want to wear will be maternity clothes!

xx

i loved mothercare, dorithy perkins and asda

Try New Look, not a shop I usually frequent, but they have some really nice jeans and maternity wear all at reasonable prices.
:D
Otherwise Blooming Marvellous have a sale on and are good, word of warning though.. I tried FunMum who advertise on here, and I never received the goods, they debited my debit card and had to wait a month for it to be re-credited.. Oh and they were not very helpful either !! :evil:

dorothy perkins and peacocks.

H&M sizes are wayyy too small, my hubby hardly fits into a Large and hes a stick!! :x

alfie said:
frangelle said:

Thats a very good idea as you'll be bigger than you were for ages after the birth and the last thing you'll want to wear will be maternity clothes!

xx

It's cheaper too- I get most of it from Peacocks since I'm not really going to be wearing it that long. I refuse to spend a fortune on maternity clothes!!!

I saw some nice maternity jeans in new look on sale at £15, They were just too long for me, but were a comfortable fit everywhere else. I got maternity jammie bottoms on sale in Asda for £2 a double pack.

I find maternity clothes to be quite expensive so I am wearing tracksuit bottoms a lot of the time. I wear cheap black trousers in a size bigger for work when not in uniform, and wear my jammie bottoms around the house all day for comfort. xx

I found the sizing in H&M to be really small too. I would have had to have bought about 3 sizes bigger than usual to get a fit!

I've bought all mine online. I try on and send back what I don't want/doesn't fit from... Next I've found the best - a wide variety, good fit, loads of options - under bump/on bump/over bump), Dorothy Perkins, M&S, Simply Be, FunMum, ebay.

I'm from your neck of the woods and had trouble finding nice maternity clothes.

A bump band (thick band of material to go over your open fly) from TopShop kept me in regular jeans longer and Peacocks was good :D

maternity clothes ive bought from peacocks, stewarts have a good sale on atm :) and mothercare. their like marks and sparks if u need anything like bra measurements they will be willing to help ya with it.

Mothercare has half price maternity clothes at the moment today. Bought 2 pairs of over the bump chino type trousers although my tummy isn't big enough to fill out the material yet! Also got a black x over top.

I have the same problem but the opposite..i cant find any that fit me all over..if i was just to buy bigger clothes then they dont fit me any where else as i am all bump, they have no maternity clothes near me in a 8/10 :x just got 2 pairs of maternity jeans for £2 each bargain :wink: not entirely happy with them but its better than my others which are sooooo tight :(

I decided that, while pregnant, I still wanted to look good and wear things that fitted me well. I have bought some 'basics' to keep me going; 2 pairs of jeans (Seraphine and Funmum), white linen trousers (Funmum), green linen trousers (Blooming Marvellous), and beige combats (B'Marvellous). I just need to find a good pair of black trousers now. I have bought very few tops - from Seraphine and Isabella Oliver. As my bump is now growing at a seemingly rapid rate, I need to buy some more tops over the next couple of weeks - plan on going to have a look in H&M at Milton Keynes. I tried to buy maternity stuff from NEXT ages ago - they only have 2 stores within commuting distance from me that actually stock maternity clothes, so I tried to order them via the catalogue. Every item I chose was out of stock!!!

I had the same problem with H & M maternity clothes.
Most of mine are from Dorothy Perkins and TopShop.

little*red said:
topshop, warehouse and dorothy perkins all so really nice maternity clothes here is the links to their sites:

[img= [url="http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=51571&langId=-1&top=Y"]http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wc ... d=-1&top=Y[/url]] Dorothy perkins [/img]
[img= [url="http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=42393&parent_category_rn=42391&langId=-1&top=Y"]http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/store ... d=-1&top=Y[/url]] Topshop [/img]
[img= [url="http://www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/categoryhome/DEPARTMENT/MATERNITY-WEAR?resetFilters=true&performSearch=true"]http://www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/category ... earch=true[/url]] Warehouse[/img]

Ah, never realised that Warehouse did a maternity range!
But I've only got 2 months to go, so I don't think I will need to buy anymore maternity clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back