• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

maternity clothes

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Why is it so impossible to find decent maternity clothes!!? Am so frustrated!! I suppose the weather doesnt help, far too uncomfortable.
Basically at work the uniform is navy shirts which they provide and mine no longer fits due to bump i've tried on a larger size and this is too baggy on top and still pulls a bit round bump! So i've been told to go and find a white maternity shirt instead! You think this is possible!?? No!

So spent allll of today trapecing in this heat trying to find something to fit :( not even mothercare! Tbh though i think my work should bloody provide it if they make you wear a uniform they should provide it for all am i right?
Looks like i'm back to looking online!
*sighhhhs*

Apologies for the rant :)

Google might be your friend. It's helped me out with maternity bras recently when noone seemed to do my size.

I have found it really hard to find decent maternity clothes tbh alot of shops said they only do maternity online now so frustrating. And yes if ur work makes u wear a uniform they should supply u.

Thankyou :) hate the fact that its all online though and u cant get things there and then and you cant try them on, which i think is a must for an ever growing bump!!! I'd have at least thought mothercare would have had a bigger selection too.

Was in new look today, they had White maternity shirts in x

Princess81 - Can I ask which area it's in? Not even sure if my most local New Look does maternity

xx

I am totally with you on how frustrating this is! I had a wedding to go to a couple of weeks back and I spent sooooo long trying to find a suitable dress! In the end I must have bought and sent back about 5 and in the end discovered a dress in my wardrobe (non maternity) that somehow still fit (was empire line- luckily!) so ended up wearing that! I got sooooo fed up with online shopping! Totally sympathise with you hun!.......I do think your work need to provide you with something tho or at least refund you if do manage to find and buy something xx

So far, I've found that Next online have the best maternity range x x
As for New Look, its only the larger stores that stock them, I asked in my local x x

So far, I've found that Next online have the best maternity range x x
As for New Look, its only the larger stores that stock them, I asked in my local x x

Same here I love the stuff from next and the fact that you can order up until 9pm and get the stuff the next day! also returning it is so easy. I have a few things from new look and mothercare also but next is the best, there is also plenty room to grow in thier clothes. My problem is finding nursing/breastfeeding bras! I only buy the underwire ones but they are so boring - black or nude. ZZzzz. why dont they make them pretty :(.

I was sent the Tesco Baby Club magazine on Saturday and they had some lovely maternity stuff advertised so online I went to treat myself as my wardrobe has now got very small and NOTHING! I was so cross I phoned their customer services and had a bit of a rant about how I was going to miss out on their 15% discount offer and they are now going to put a credit on my account to ensure I still get the discount! :D

I've been so frustrated trying to find maternity clothes and bras as I don't want to spend a fortune - Next are pretty good as are New Look (I saw a white shirt online there!). Maybe it's a gap in the market.....?!?

Same here I love the stuff from next and the fact that you can order up until 9pm and get the stuff the next day! also returning it is so easy. I have a few things from new look and mothercare also but next is the best, there is also plenty room to grow in thier clothes. My problem is finding nursing/breastfeeding bras! I only buy the underwire ones but they are so boring - black or nude. ZZzzz. why dont they make them pretty :(.

I noticed on the new look website that they had new nursing bras in - the picture they had with it looked like quite a pretty little bra but I never looked any further as I was looking for something else. May be worth a look?x

I've found new look and next are best, new look stock instore locally which is great, next is good for next day delivery :)
Problem I'm finding is the variation on sizes! I'm a 14, been so for years, not changed, all of a sudden I can't fit in next and littlewoods maternity 14's and had to go down to a 12, very annoying, do they presume we are all going to put on weight? I'm loving it of course!
Even the new look ones are loose on me but not enough to make me try the 12's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back