Maternity Clothes for Wedding - NI???

Bee_n_Bump

Reaction score
Any of you northern irish ladies know of any good shops that have nice maternity occasion wear? Have a wedding coming up soon and I dont know where to look.

Had just hoped that I could get something in a bigger size as bump isnt crazy big atm, but its big enough to lift the hems of all the dresses i tried up at the front (duh me) so thats a no go! But very few places i checked did a maternity section, and any that did really didnt do anything fancy....dilema!!

Had seen some nice websites that will do if im stuck, but i wanted to be able to go in and try on, as ordering online will take a while to get the size right, sometimes my pre preg size fits and other times i have to go up or down, u know how women sizes are!

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Im not from northern ireland but Ive got a wedding to go to at the beginnning of july (yes I know...very close to the due date lol) and Ive got a nice dress from topshop maternity. Im usually a size 12/14 and the dress I have is a size 10 and has bags of room still, so theyre not skimpy on the sizes either (unlike alot of their clothes!).

Hope that might help. x

oh hadnt tried them, dont think my local one has a maternity section (or much of one) but il try some of the larger stores. Thanks!

i got a lovely silk kimono style dress for a wedding last weekend from Mothercare only £35. White base a green/ teal border and red/ pink flowers!! They also had a black/gold creamy one too!! lovely and roomy and doesn't go up at the front!!! I'm 22 weeks and don't have too much of a bump (except it has decided to suddenly grow this week!!) and also was a really hot day and dress wasn't irratable but was lovely to wear all day (i wore it from 11 am till 1am the following morning)!!

Now i've got to find a dress for the end of october for a wedding (baby is due 9th october) and am having problems with what to get for that!!! Any ideas will be gratefully received!!!!

Also asos have some lovely maternity clothes and free delivery!!!! Good luck with your search!!!!
x

asos did have some pretty dresses, didnt need them though as i went into debenhams occasion wear section & managed to get a lovely long evening dress, just had to go up a couple of sizes to work round the bump! Really floaty too & as its floor length you dont notice if the bump is lifting the hem up.

I got my dress for a wedding last month from Tesco believe it or not. It was a plain pastel pink dress, really stretchy and flattering on the chest.. I just jazzed it up a bit then with silver heels and accessories!

Last edited:
I was going to suggest Mothercare or Peacocks or New look :)

I got some amazing Maternity stuff in Peacocks yesterday, bargain prices too :D

Mama's and Papa's in Victoria Square.. They do some gorgeous stuff.. Next do some good stuff too xx

Hi I live in Co Antrim, I was at a Wedding on Saturday ande I got a dress in Monsoon, I am usually about a size 10 but I got a lovely dress in Size 14 and the waist is a tie waist nice a floaty loose fitting. I always find I get bigger at night so I just loosened the tieing around the middle. Very comfy all day!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back