MATB1 Form

fcroxy

Reaction score
When is the earliest time I could get my MATB1 form and do I have to get it from the midwife? I am not due to see my midwife for about another 6 weeks yet and it feels ages away! I'm wanting to go onto maternity at the earliest time possible really due to the nature of my work and also severe hip and knee problems I am currently having. Also I don't feel as though I'm getting the support from my midwife, this is my first baby and the last time I visited was at the 16 week appointment, and she said she will next see me at 25 weeks. Is it normal to go so long without seeing the midwife? I am clueless on this sort of stuff and most of my friends don't have children so not many people I can ask really. Ideally I wanted to get my MATB1 form earlier than 25 weeks so I can give my months notice and go onto maternity around the 25th-30th Sept. Sorry for rambling on lol. Xx

I'm due to see midwife on 25th week too.. She said she will give me my MATB form then as its lot legal until then.. (Not sure why?) x

I spoke to Midwife team leader yesterday and she said you have to be OVER 20 weeks (legally), so 20+1 onwards, if you want it sooner, ring your midwife and ask if you can go and collect it sooner, I picked mine up today (20+2) :)

Geek is right you have to be 20 weeks to get it so will need to phone MW to get it earlier out of sync with appts. There is a long gap as you get your 20 week anomaly scan where they will check on baby's well being etc. Appts follow NICE guidelines and only deviate if you see a consultant and need more surveillance.

Thank you. I will call my MW once Iv had my 20 week scan then, Its next Friday and I can't wait! That's good to know that there's a long wait between appointments as I was concerned as it felt a long time in between, I feel less stressed about it all now.

I saw midwife at 16 weeks and seeing her again at 25 weeks (which Ive been told is exactly right for first baby) with a 20 week scan in between :)
Do you have green notes? Your appointments should be noted in there :)

I heard it was 20 weeks too, I meant to ask at the hospital when I went for my 20 week scan but forgot. I booked A appointment at docs to get midwife to fill it in for me. Hope this helps x

Yeh I have my green notes but haven't even thought of looking in it! I totally have baby brain at the moment and this hot weather isn't helping at all, I think it's sizzled my brain. I will ask at 20 week scan if I remember, the sooner I can get it the better. It will be one less thing to worry about and can finally look forward to having a date to concentrate on that will mean no more work, I am so looking forward to that. A while off to prepare and relax before lil baby arrives! Thank you all for the help, much appreciated xx

My next appointment was set for 25 weeks too but I changed it to today instead as my employer are asking for my maternity form and matb1 form now x

Legally you have until 25 weeks to produce your MATB1 form to your employer, so if they start pressuring you, let them know that (15 weeks before). But I wanted my matb1 before then (out of courtesy), so asked midwife if I could collect earlier :)

Yeah, they want it by next Wednesday which is when I hit 25 weeks but my midwife only works a Thursday and there is this stupid policy at my work that says if I don't hand it in next Wednesday I may lose my maternity entitlement! :(

Oh well x

Last edited:
I saw my midwife yesterday, and she had given me the MATB1 form then. I would phone your midwife about it hun xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back