Sent my matb1 in

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by lauramleigh, Nov 8, 2007.

1. lauramleigh

lauramleigh Well-Known Member

Well i have sent my matb1 form into work today.. Took me a while to decide on my finishing date but finally decided on 35 weeks which will be the 8th feb.. so only another 13 weeks to go :shock:

2. nicola0531

nicola0531 Well-Known Member

I am leaving 14 december which is 32 weeks cant wait know its early but I already have 2 boys and its going to be great to spend time with them over x mas plus I looked at all the xmas rotas today and my name was not one them that felt great :dance:

3. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

My contract at work actually finishes on 19th Jan.. and I will only be about 28 weeks... so.. lots of daytime tv to catch up on!! :rotfl:

xx

4. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

:cheer: :cheer:

I should be crowned the Queen of early - Il be 23 weeks! :rotfl: I have to take all my holiday before I can go on Mat leave and I wanted to start it as soon as poss.

My job is horrendous, I cant talk to anyone all day, stuck sitting next to my pervy boss who STILL makes the most vulgar innapropriate sexual remarks to me even though he knows Im preggo, I leave my house @ 7.30am and get home at 6pm and pay £65 a month to get on the train with smelly, sweaty commuters. :oops: Sorry that sort of turned into a mini rant :oops: Needless to say though I cant wait to leave :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

5. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

Don't blame you for wanting to leave early Tilly!

My last day will be Fri 29th Feb. Starting mat leave at 34 weeks, a bit earlier than I'd hoped but I hate my job too. I just can't see me sticking it out any longer than that. If I was in my old cushty office job I'd stay at least a couple weeks more.
    If I have any holiday outstanding I'll be leaving even earlier :D

6. GBLiz

GBLiz Well-Known Member

im the earliest!! our company closes for end of year in 2 weeks time!!! so i will be 21 weeks WOO HOO!!

although my 'maternity leave' will end in march - me and OH go into business when im 8 mths pregnant :shock: LOL..well we done everything else the wrong way round, why not finish maternity leave BEFORE i have the baby? :wall:

7. timsmom

timsmom Well-Known Member

I just can't decide? I have 5 weeks holiday to tag on to my maternity leave so may have it at the beginning. If thats the case I will finish at 35 weeks. I'm likely to be delivered at 37 weeks anyway so will be on 90% of pay for a while after baby arrives and i won't have to worry about it.

8. Louise1973

Louise1973 Active Member

My word... I think I'm one of the latest to finish - I'm not finishing work til 1st Feb when I'll be just shy of 37 weeks. :shock:

The reasons are financial for me - I'm gonna be a single mum with mortgage to pay & my works maternity package isn't great (90% for first 6 weeks, then drops to statutory pay £112.75 per week thereafter).... so unfortunately I can't afford to take any time off before the birth those 3 weeks are annual leave, and my maternity leave kicks in on my actual due date... please don't be too overdue baby! :D