Mat b1 form from mw for maternity leave

Reaction score
Does anyone know when you receive your MAT B1 Form confirming your due date to hand to your employer to let them know when you will be taking maternity leave.

25 weeks its says in my file from
Midwifex

I think either the midwife gives it you or when you go for the gender scan. Ive been told different things tbh xx

The form itself says it can be issued any time from 20 weeks onwards. I text my midwife last week & she posted it to me. I'm 23 weeks now x

My MW gave me mine at my 8 week booking in appointment and she just told me to get hospital to signing at my 20 week scan appointment then hand to work. If you're not sure check with. MW? X

I got mine at my 25th week midwife appointment. Xx

Do you have to give your employer written notice of maternity? Ive read a website that mentions it xxx

I think you do yeah, a girl at our work did just with date your leaving onx

Thanks hun. Im no good at writing letters lol xxx

When should i give the written letter? With my MAT B form? Xx

I will phone my MW and ask her when I will receive the MAT1 form just in case I need to get something signed at my 20 week scan which is on Tuesday x

Not sure when letter has be in i no the girl at our work handed it in quite late, and all here letter said was i will be going on maternity on this date that was it, i will be taking my matb1 form in as soon as i get it, ill ask then when letter needs be in if you no the date you intend on going off you could hand letter in with formx

Legally you don't have to hand anything to your employer until 15 weeks before. I wouldn't worry about it, so long as your keeping your employer in the loop, they know what the outcome will be!

I got mine at my 25 week apt, your midwife signs it and puts your due date on, all I'd did was put my name and NI number on and handed it in to my boss. He's a bit slack tho so it's probably sat in his in tray at work still x

Ill just hand my form in and see what happens. Different workplaces have different ways of dealing with maternity by the looks of things. Ill just hand it in and ask if they want my mateenity dates now. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back