Notice of maternity leave to employers

tots hope

Reaction score
I am due to get my Mat B1 form on my next midwife appointment (or how every you get it but i am sure it should be soon!) and then i will be writing a letter to my employer explaining when i would like to start maternity leave. Is there a website with a mock letter on it or does anyone have any idea what to write?

Im not that good with official letters!

Any examples would be great!

Thank you x x x

my work had to there own form like thing that i had to fill out so didnt have to give any letter

I was wondering this too :think:

Im just going to write out when i intend my ML to start what im doing with my holidays and when i think i will be due to return. I think that should cover it im sure if i miss something they will let me know.

You don't have to give them a date of return afaik. At least not until after baby is born. You are obliged to give them some notice, but its not that you have to tell them when you apply for maternity leave.

Re a letter, assuming they know about your pregnancy already I'd just go for short and simple along the lines of

Dear .....,

I am writing with regard to my pregnancy and my maternity leave entitlement.

I hope to take maternity leave starting from .............. . I will be x weeks by this stage. If there are any forms I am required to fill out for the company please send them to me and I shall ensure I fill them out. If there is anything else I need to be aware of please let me know.

Can you please also let me know if I have any annual leave entitlement left as if so I may take this prior to my maternity leave starting.

Hoping to have informed you correctly.

Yours

Something like that, only better :p

Brilliant - thank you!

They already know i am pregnant so thats not a problem - still a good start though. Thank you so much x x x :hug: :hug: :hug:

when i went on Mat Leave, I just sent an email to my boss, and our 2 bosses explaining that I wanted to take my maternity leave from the 21st sept, and would like to take my remaining annual leave from that date.

its a fairly small firm, and I get on really well with all my bosses, so it wasn't an issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back