MAT B1 Certificate

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Does anyone know when I should receive this and where do I get it from?

I had my 20w scan today & I was under the impression I should have got it today?

I had so many other questions about my diagnosed GBS that I forgot to ask & only just remembered now Im home.

Baby wasnt being very co-operative and we had to go for a walk about and was told to eat some chocolate to make baby move so they could look at the spine, but when we went back in baby had moved but rather than its spine facing us it's spine was facing my spine so I have to go back for another scan. Yippe, I get to see my baby again :dance:

Im still on team green, we dont want to find out although I think the sonographer slipped up Im sure I he said "he". Sonographer did say that it was a good job we didnt want to find out the sex because its legs were crossed the whole way through, I think he was just trying to cover up his mistake & hubby thinks Im being daft.........will have to wait & see!

i wanted to know when i get the B1 cert as well hun

I think all sonographers call the baby "he"???? We are matching DD, just noticed (or if i noticed before i forgot!)

You should get your MAT B1 form from your midwife ad not the sonographer, have you got an appointment booked with her (or him)?

*****just noticed our DD is actually 3 days apart but our stage is the same (20 weeks 5 days) - after my scan tomorrow maybe they will change my date*****

I got my form from my doctor when I went for a 22 weeks appointment (I didn't need to see the midwife)

So just ask the midwife or doctor when u next go - the people at the scans won't give u anything apart from pictures and a scan report for your notes.

tots hope said:
I think all sonographers call the baby "he"???? We are matching DD, just noticed (or if i noticed before i forgot!)

You should get your MAT B1 form from your midwife ad not the sonographer, have you got an appointment booked with her (or him)?

*****just noticed our DD is actually 3 days apart but our stage is the same (20 weeks 5 days) - after my scan tomorrow maybe they will change my date*****

I get confused with dates, changed my ticker just now as I am 21 weeks today with EDD of 21st May, but when I put in my EDD on the ticker website it shows my dates as being 3 days out. Anyhow changed my ticker to reflct number of weeks I have on all my medical records cause it was confusing me. I had a look at the wheel thingy they use and according to that my EDD is still 21st May, this doesnt add up to me cause 19 weeks from now is 19th May, so they must add a few days on??

Anyway I should have said that I also saw a consultant at the hospital today after my scan so I expected to get my MAT B1 Certificate then, I understand the sonographer just does the scan. Im seeing my midwife at beginning of Feb so I will ask her about it then.

The consultant wouldn't give u it either I wouldn't think

Your midwife will or the doctor - I had to ask for it. It wasn't something he was going to just hand to me I don't think.

Yeah just ask at your next MW appointment :)

You normally get it around the time you are 25 weeks as this is when you have to tell your employer that you plan on having maternity leave and the MATB1 is proof of when the baby is due - therefore allowing them to work out when the maternity leave is to start

I got mine at 24 weeks, I asked my midwife for it.

I think i'll get mine at my next midwife app - around 22 weeks?
i hope so as i need it to get the council to give me a house!!

It says on it u can get in from 20 weeks - my doctor wasn't going to give me it cos he said you can't get it till 24 weeks.

Also he has put 2.4.08 as the due date but baby isn't due till 4.5.08 - doesn't really matter for me though as I am not going on maternity leave

I got mine a couple of weeks ago from the midwife x xx

I haven't got mine yet. I imagine I'll get it when I see the midwife at 28 weeks. Haven't seen her since 16 weeks!
I start maternity leave at the end of next month! :shock:

I'm gonna have to phone midwife tomorrow about mine cos my boss was asking for it today. I don't see midwife for another 3 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back