Make The Most Of It.....

DebbieM

Reaction score
Being pregnant that is..... because once your baby is here, you are REALLY going to miss that bump!

It's weird. I never thought I would feel that way but I do. I often still reach down to caress my bump and it isn't there anymore. It's been replaced with flab LMAO!

Seriously, don't wish your pregnancy away. I love Luke to pieces and I am so glad to have him here, I'd not swap him for the world, but being pregnant and being a Mummy are two separate experiences and once your baby is here, you'll miss the bump!

I also just want to say good luck to all of you who are about to pop in the coming days/weeks. I don't get a lot of time on here these days as Luke keeps me very busy (which I love!) but I hope all goes well for you and I can't wait to see each one of you posting your birth stories and pics of your little ones! :hug: :hug: :hug:

PS, If anyone ever told you that after you give birth you still feel the baby kicking - IT's TRUE! I felt it for at least a week. It's a very odd feeling!

I often still reach down to caress my bum and it isntt there anymore
Sorry but that really made me giggle.

I find it hard to believe that soon Im not going to be pregnant anymore.

I dont miss my bump. At all.

my second pregnacy was bloody hard work.. and every day i am gratefull not to be preggers. (the last few weeks i could not sleep, eat, i had very bad spd and siatica.) (and chasing a very active 9 month around the house) Im amazed i can get off the couch fast, run upstaires etc.. i was pregnant almost constantly for 18 months (lol) not a chance in hell i miss 'bump' :rotfl: :rotfl:

Never again thanks.

much prefer her out :D :D :lol:

It's strange you saying this Debbie. 'Bump' and I used to really interact in the bath, he always used to fidget and kick in response to me, it was a real bonding time between us.

I just had a bath a couple of hours ago and I patted my flabby stomach and I admit felt a teensy bit sad. Immediately though I remembered that 'Bump' is now Daniel, I then felt really proud and quite overwhelmed :D

Thanks Debbie! :D

I must be one of the only ones here who still enjoys being pregnant. I haven't really had any major issues with my pregnancy. I do currently lie down much more than I used to but I have kept to my exercise routine (with more breaks) and everything else I used to do before. At times, I don't sleep well and I know that my life may be easier if wasn't pregnant but I really don't have anything to complain about (counting myself lucky!).

I am not rushing this baby to come out. She will do so when she is ready. Having said that, I don't want to be induced either so hopefully she will come out in the next three weeks...

I'm not quite sure if I managed to stay this positive if I was lucky enough to get pregnant again though :think:

Rachel21 said:
I often still reach down to caress my bum and it isntt there anymore
Sorry but that really made me giggle.

I find it hard to believe that soon Im not going to be pregnant anymore.

LMAO! Oops! Typo! LMAO - I did of course mean BUMP! :rotfl: My BUM is most definitely still there!! :rotfl:

rachelandjarvis said:
I dont miss my bump. At all.

my second pregnacy was bloody hard work.. and every day i am gratefull not to be preggers. (the last few weeks i could not sleep, eat, i had very bad spd and siatica.) (and chasing a very active 9 month around the house) Im amazed i can get off the couch fast, run upstaires etc.. i was pregnant almost constantly for 18 months (lol) not a chance in hell i miss 'bump' :rotfl: :rotfl:

Never again thanks.

much prefer her out :D :D :lol:

Aww, I had and still have really bad SPD too but I do still miss "Flump The Bump". We even bought Luke a "Build Me A Bear" bear today and named him 'Flump' on the birth certificate for him so when he is older we can explain to him all about him being "Flump" before he was Luke :D

kazlin said:
It's strange you saying this Debbie. 'Bump' and I used to really interact in the bath, he always used to fidget and kick in response to me, it was a real bonding time between us.

I just had a bath a couple of hours ago and I patted my flabby stomach and I admit felt a teensy bit sad. Immediately though I remembered that 'Bump' is now Daniel, I then felt really proud and quite overwhelmed :D

I remember the first time I had a bath after Luke arrived. I got in and lay down and forgot the bump was gone and was amazed that my belly was under the water! It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be poking out anymore! LOL

Now it's my boobs that don't fit under the water! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BabyMagic said:
Thanks Debbie! :D

I must be one of the only ones here who still enjoys being pregnant. I haven't really had any major issues with my pregnancy. I do currently lie down much more than I used to but I have kept to my exercise routine (with more breaks) and everything else I used to do before. At times, I don't sleep well and I know that my life may be easier if wasn't pregnant but I really don't have anything to complain about (counting myself lucky!).

I am not rushing this baby to come out. She will do so when she is ready. Having said that, I don't want to be induced either so hopefully she will come out in the next three weeks...

I'm not quite sure if I managed to stay this positive if I was lucky enough to get pregnant again though :think:

Not long for you now! Good luck when it happens and I'm really pleased you're still enjoying your pregnancy. It's all a wonderful experience. :D xx

I will miss my bump, but I will be glad to see the back of my swollen elephant feet and heartburn! I had to wear flip flops in the rain today cos I couldn't get my shoes on! :lol:

I can't believe Luke is 4 weeks already, time has flown! :shock:

muppetmummy said:
I will miss my bump, but I will be glad to see the back of my swollen elephant feet and heartburn! I had to wear flip flops in the rain today cos I couldn't get my shoes on! :lol:

I can't believe Luke is 4 weeks already, time has flown! :shock:

He's officially a month old today! We honestly can't believe it! Where ha a month gone? My tiny baby is growing!

I'm actually starting to enjoy my pregnancy now that I have the time to do so - I think working until I did has helped. If I was on Mat Leave earlier I think I would be wishing the days away but I'm not just now.

Thanks for the words of wisdom Debbie - hope all is well with you, Matt and Luke

Aww thanks Debbie :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am sure I will miss my bump and having my baby all to myself! I do love lying on the bed and feeling him/her and thinking that only I really know him/her so far. But at this very moment in time, I would give my right arm just to be able to get comfy and walk without pain. I am so excited to meet my baby too. :cheer:

Awww :hug:

Im not sure if ill miss my bump...

I want to start getting back to being me again after the birth...

I don't think I'll miss my bump.

TBH while I wanted to be pregnant and have our baby, I have to admit I'm not one of those women who have enjoyed pregnancy, even though its been pretty straightforward compared to some ladies. It just isn't for me. I can't wait to get my body back and have Bump here finally.

I think it will feel strange for a while not feeling our LO wriggle and squirm and so on, but as to missing my bump, I can't see me feeling that way.

OMG I miss my bump so much its untrue I loved being pregnant I know people say you must be lying but I did I only had one blip before my last week. Enjoy it ladies like Debbie said and im so glad I took as many bump pics as I did :lol:

I was thinking of posting the exact same thing :D . Please don't wish your pregnancy away or pray to be early. I was 10 days early and I'd only left work 6 days before. I was totally unprepared emotionally, I was loving being pregnant and feeling my baby move inside me. And yes I did still 'feel' fake baby movements after the birth :cry: . I miss my bump so so much, for the first 2 weeks I couldn't even look, touch or think about my bump without bursting into tears. Infact I'm crying now as I'm typing this :cry: . I want my wriggly bump back.

Fingers crossed said:
I was thinking of posting the exact same thing :D . Please don't wish your pregnancy away or pray to be early. I was 10 days early and I'd only left work 6 days before. I was totally unprepared emotionally, I was loving being pregnant and feeling my baby move inside me. And yes I did still 'feel' fake baby movements after the birth :cry: . I miss my bump so so much, for the first 2 weeks I couldn't even look, touch or think about my bump without bursting into tears. Infact I'm crying now as I'm typing this :cry: . I want my wriggly bump back.

Bless ya :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I don't think I will miss my bump once bubs is here, I didn't with my first. I really don't enjoy pregnancy and this will definitely be my last! As much as I'm looking forward to my baby being here I can't wait to get my body back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back