Sleeeep !

Elfs Mummy

Reaction score
Maisie just doesn't !
She had 20 mins worth of naps yesterday then i put her to bed at 7 and she happily slept tilll 9 and then she was up till 1.30 !!
I am so tired i can barely keep my eyes open any suggestions ?? xx

Unfortunatly I think you're in the vicious cycle of over tiredness.

How often do you try and put her down for a nap? - You'd be surprised how little time babies are supposed to be awake for. Paige for instance, until she was about 6 months, I was having to put her down for a nap every hour and if I didn't she would become over tired. Even now, she goes a maximum of 2 hours. She'd only have cat naps, but that was all she needed.

Do you give her milk before nap times? - I find that even I feel better going to sleep with a nice full belly will make me sleep better. Maybe offer some milk before a nap time and see if that helps? I dont allow Paige to fall asleep while being fed but it just makes it easier to go sleep.

How do you put her to sleep? I like to give Paige cuddle before she sleeps now, as before I was just putting her in the cot and trying to settle her like that. I find that relaxing her before shes put in the cot has helped a massive amount.

Sorry, bit of an essay there. But those are a few things that have helped me get Paige to sleep as she used to be a nightmare for naps in the day. Sorry you're not getting much sleep. Must be horrible :( Page is a bit ill at the moment and Im exhuasted from having about 6 hours interupted sleep. 2 hours must be awful! x

i try and put her dwon every 1hr 1/2 or 2 hours i feed her before every nap and give her cuddles before i put her down. she'll fall asleep for about 2 minutes then she wakes up !

i had to walk out of the room yesterdsy and just leave her crying because i was getting so worked up. shes so tired keeps rubbing her eyes but still crying she wants to be fed to sleep but i dont do that unless she falls asleep during a feed and i dont notice, as she feeds with her eyes shut.

Im trying to put her down now and shes just crying :( i really son't know what to do anymore i was liking the sleeping throught !

shes only ever had 2-3 naps a day now to get her to have one is a fight xx

Is she around 4 months?

There is a 4 month sleep regression which can strike anytime up to 5 months. Paige didn't get it but Ive heard alot of babies can. It usually lasts a few weeks.

Maybe try putting her down every hour? Seems extream but might work. Its so stressful sometimes. In the end I did CC with Paige. The first day I put her down after cuddles etc and walked out and went back in 2 mins then left, then 5 mins and then went in every 5 mins. By the second day I was only going in once after about 3/4 minutes of her moaning, not crying, and she'd go sleep. Best thing I did. I think it worked this well though because she was slightly older :(

I feel like Im not really offering much advise. But honestly, if it gets too much, just go sit somewhere for 5 minutes. Getting Paige to sleep was by far the thing I dreaded the most in the day. In fact, one of the only things (that and figuring out what we were going to do to keep her amused lol) and I totally get it sometimes gets overwhelming. :hug:

I'm having a nightmare with Lucy too exactly the same and they are about same age Lucy nearly 19 weeks. She will only nap on my lap during the day. She would maybe have only 20mins here and there and longest she will go is an hour or two (only had two hour nap bout twice!) I would like to be able to put her in cot so I can get stuff done but is impossible . She sleeps fairly well down at 730 but want to play at 0400!! So I feel for you at least I get wee bit sleep xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back