Made my own dress

wifeywifey

Reaction score
I know it's not perfect and slightly see through (I used a duvet cover to practice lol) but I'm proud of the results.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367267983.339915.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367267996.674022.jpg

Well done!

I'm going to try to make a dress soon, going to buy fabric this week

I'm going to make a miniature one first though to make sure I get all the seams etc in the right place

It took me four hours to do so didn't even take that long, I'd buy a duvet cover from charity shop to practice it would have cost me £15 for material so paid £3 for a duvet cover instead lol. I will buy some when I am more confident.

Well done! Charity shops and car boots are great for picking up old covers, i use them for my dogs bed lol x

I went to our charity shops for fabric and they are too bloody expensive :shock:

eBay is uneconomical since postage went through the roof.

So Im going to an actual fabric shop this week

I got some cheap fabric today to try making a dress ... 2.99 a metre and its nice enough that I could wear it. Also got a beautiful remnant that will make a lovely tunic top x

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Bargain there is only one fabric shop here so its so expensive

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Car boot sales are great for that, especially picking up curtains that can make dresses and allsorts. Especially if you go at desparation hour (12 noon) when everybody just wants to pack up and go home.

Thats a lovely dress btw
x Daisy

Wow! That's a great dress! Love the duvet cover idea - especially for a trial run - thanks! xx

Oh wow, how beautiful! That is am absolutely lovely dress! I want to make dresses (mostly because I am big busted for my size and nothing store bought seems to fit well) but I am having trouble learning the necessary skills. My grandmother sews, but she lives in Arkansas, usa, and I live in Wisconsin, USA so it's often hard for her to help me. I have a dress going right now, but it is sadly beyond my skill level and I am struggling.

How did you learn how to do that? I'm so impressed!

For first try its amazing and it became better next time .Pretty work on dresses and real hard work shows on it .You should proud on your dress.

Well done WifeyWifey, that looks great. I saw a book in smiths called sewing bee from the tv series and that looked good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back