proud of stretch marks?

loz

Reaction score
Yesterday I looked at one of my boobs (sorry TMI) and thought what the hell is that . . . . ? I looked a bit closer and thought flip it is a stretch mark!!! :shock: Then I thought, actually I am quite proud that I am going to be a mummy and my body is changing. Should we be proud of stretchmarks rather than trying to cover them over? Maybe there's too much emphasis on looking perfect after pregnancy when we should be be proud!!! (Or am I mad?!!) :)

well, i totally freaked out when i got a stretch mark on my boob- i bought every single stretch mark cream out there showed all my friends and mourned at the fact i could never wear a bikini again. But they haven't got any worse in 10 weeks and OH says he cant even see what i am talking about and i have totally got used to them. Whenever i feel my little boy move i know its all worth it!

I'm not proud though! I will be way more proud if i dont get any on my tummy!! :D :D :D

A stretchmark??? Wow that's lucky - mine are covered! :( (probably because they've grown from Bs to Ds since getting pregnant) But I'm like you, I'm really not bothered about them because it's normal and I'm going to have a baby. And OH doesn't care about them looking like road maps either. You should be proud! :cheer:

Hee hee! My boobies have been covered in stretch marks since I was 18 when I went on the pill and they grew enormous over night! They used to really get me down but they have faded loads and now I dont even notice em and you cant see them when I have a bra or bikini on. I havent got any on my tummy yet but Im sure its inevitable and I guess its sommat we just have to learn to live with and accept. I would love to be proud of em but I dont think I would flaunt them in a bikini if I got them bad on my tummy. I guess having them pales into insignificance when compared to the lovely son or daughter we are lucky enough to be having though. :cheer:

good for you hun! :D I think being proud of stretchmarks is certainly alot healthier than feeling devastated about them and its the attitude Il be taking.

I already have stretchmarks on my hips from when I put on alot of weight then lost it again in a short space of time. At first they looked like Id been scratched by a bear but now they're silvery lines. I dont hate mine, we cant be perfect in everyway can we?!

I agree there is way too much emphasis on looking perfect - full stop. Sexyness isnt just about looks or how taught your skin is, most of it comes from inside, Cliché I know but its so true. If you make effort, carry yourself well and have confidence it shows and no-one can tell me a few silvery lines or bits of sag here and there are going to put anyone off you! If they do then the person is far too shallow to be acknowledged.

Il be the woman on the beach in a tiny bikini, stretch mark jelly belly or not, not giving a sshhh and Il still think Im a sexy mama!

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back