Maca Root

Yeah I think I might have low progesterone. Dont know too much about fibroids though.

Had my smear last week (which caused spotting which I gave never had before). If that rules out cervix issues then my doc said he will refer me to a gynecologist so hopefully ine way or another I will get answers.

My spotting yesterday was almost non existent in the end but it's defo here today. Maybe the maca reduced the spotting by a day.

Just want to know what is going on. So frustrating. Been ttc for a year now and it's starting to make me think it will never happen x

My pre-af spotting started today :( AF could start anytime between Wednesday and Sunday so will see how long the spotting goes on for, the recent norm has been 4 days.

Sorry about your spotting Syd. Have you noticed it's lighter than normal? Have you noticed any other benefits from the maca?

It's been lighter the last couple of months, now it's a case of seeing when af starts and hoping the spotting is less than the usual 4 days. I honestly haven't noticed any benefits from the maca but will persevere. How much are you taking?

I take it in capsule form and each capsule is 500mg. I have been taking 2 every day, sometimes three if I remember. I'm going to try and take 3 from now on.

Hope your spotting is shorter Syd. I know how frustrating it is. Maybe the vitamin b complex helped me too. Xx

So I got a surprise BFP after my first month raking maca root and vit B complex. Wanted to update for anyone else who reads this thread in future.

I did still spot but it was very light compared to my normal spotting.

I have heard mixed things about taking maca when pregnant. Has anyone taken it whilst pregnant? I am convinced the maca helped me conceive so I don't want to stop taking it really incase a sudden withdraw from it messes everything up.

Any success stories of taking maca whilst pregnant?

Syd, how's your spotting? X

Hi there, spotting getting heavier, expecting af today or tomorrow.

I've also read mixed things about taking maca during pregnancy. I think doctors advise against it purely because there are no studies on it's affects but many people do take it.

Sorry to hear your spotting is heavier. How much MR were u taking?

Yeah I think it's mainly because there are no studies on it they say not to take it. But I think I will even just for the first 12 weeks (if I get that far this time) .

Fingers crossed that you do.

My bottle says to take 1-2 capsules and that "each 500mg capsule contains 2500mg of maca root" which seems slightly odd. It's 4 different types of maca, do you know which one you're taking?

Mine is a Holland and Barrett one. Each capsule is 500mg and it says to take 3 a day. T

I didn't even know there were 4 different types of maca! Where are yours from?

Amazon, apparently it's made up of yellow, red, black and purple maca! I may need to do a bit more research.

Well you learn something new everyday!

For 60 capsules it's about £11 from H&B. I'm off to be some more tomorrow

I am 26 weeks and still taking it. They take it in South America to prevent miscarriage and help a pregnancy be easier/healthier overall so I just kept at it. It's a food that helps your body regulate hormones so it's not like taking an herbal supplement or a hormone in itself, it just supports your body doing what it should be doing.

Thanks Kholl. I had planned on taking it through my pregnancy however I have just miscarried again. I do strongly believe the maca root helped me fall pregnant in the first place though and I will continue to take it.

Anyone else still taking MR? This is my 2nd cycle on it so will see if I get any pre AF spotting. Any day now really......

I have stomach cramps AF style so I'm expecting the spotting tbh.

I'm not taking it this month, not really sure why. Having surgery to remove fibroids on Thursday so may start again after that.

Interestingly, my reflexologist is covinced I had a chemical last month, my first month of taking maca. She's sure I was pregnant when she saw me just before my period, first time she's thought that in the 9 months I've been seeing her. No way to know if it's true as I didn't test.

Fingers crossed it holds off loulou.

Good luck with the op Syd. Is it a long recovery?

How interesting your reflexologist said that the first month you took maca. Be interesting to see what happens the next cycle you take it..... keep us updated.

The first cycle I took maca I noticed my mood had lightened. This month my normal PMT moody / irritable / super cranky and short tempered self is back. I'm still taking it though and will still take it. Need to feel like in doing something!

Well that's another thing. My boobs weren't as sore last month and I wasn't anywhere near as moody as usual whereas I've had the proper pmt rage today and yesterday. Maybe that was down to the maca. Although if you've got all that back this month that doesn't tally.

The fibroid is so big he doesn't know if it can be done keyhole. If it can recovery is 2-4 weeks, if not then 4-6 weeks. No ttc for two months :(

Actually didn't you have a chemical last month? Maybe that explains your lack of pmt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back