Maca Root

Louloubelle84

Reaction score
Giving maca root a go but not sure how much to take.

It says take three times a day which is a dosage of 1500mg.

Has anyone else taken this and if so how much did you take daily?

TIA

Xx

Mines lose powder but had a really short cycle on it so I've stopped taking it, it was 2-3 teaspoons daily so not sure about the capsules x

I take the Holland and barret tablets 3 times a day. I think they are 500mg each x

I took 2,000-3,000mg a day. Got pregnant the month I started taking it and so did my BFF. I took the tablets- organic gelatinized maca. I swear by that stuff!

After reading these posts and doing a bit of googling I think I might head to Holland and Barrett tomorrow to pick up some Maca root.

I take it men can take it all the time? Do women have to stop after ovulation like epo?

Thanks ladies. I think I will try take 3 a day then, I wasn't sure if that might be a bit full on but I will go for it. Hope it doesn't give me a shirt cycle tho so will see how it goes.

Did any of you ask ur OH to take it too? X

You keep taking it throughout your cycle. I take it even in pregnancy. They take it in South America to prevent miscarriage and ensure healthy pregnancies and after a lot of research I decided to keep taking it too.

Yes I took it throughout my cycle to balance my hormones. It did wonderful things. I'm not on it right now as I'm having fertility treatment but if this doesn't work, I'll be straight back on it. X

What sort of things did it do? Good luck with your treatment

Last edited:
I used to have spotting for up to 14 days (yes, that long) before my period and my cycles were only 24 days long. On maca I ovulated on CD14 (rather than CD10), my temps were constant with a clear shift (instead of being erratic) and my cycle was a textbook 28 days. Xx

I bought this a while ago in loose powder form, its Raw maca.... I'm a little worried about takign it though as I've read a few people say the raw type can make you have tunny trouble.... anyone experienced this? Plus I dont know what to take it with, I'm worried about taste :mad: Wish I'd have bought the pills now but I pop so many pills I'm suprised I dont rattle!!!! LOL :lol:

Hi Staces. I take the pills but could you put the powder in a smoothie? I think maybe if you start with a low dosage and work your way up your tummy should be fine. I've been putting my wheatgrass powder into a smoothie, people say that tastes horrible but mixed in with banana, spinach, coconut water and raw honey (containing royal jelly) it tastes great. And I have a terrible palate, normally if it's not chocolate, coffee or red meat I'm not interested!

I make a smoothie with tahini, maca, frozen banana, vanilla, almond (or regular if you prefer) milk, and cocoa powder. I LOVE the taste of maca!

I used to have the powder and mixed it in with my porridge! It doesn't taste bad at all. I just found the tablets more effective but that's probably because I wasn't having enough of the powder. X

Hi Staces. I take the pills but could you put the powder in a smoothie? I think maybe if you start with a low dosage and work your way up your tummy should be fine. I've been putting my wheatgrass powder into a smoothie, people say that tastes horrible but mixed in with banana, spinach, coconut water and raw honey (containing royal jelly) it tastes great. And I have a terrible palate, normally if it's not chocolate, coffee or red meat I'm not interested!

Smoothies would be ideal............except for I really dont like them lol :oooo: I'm super fussy with food and cant eat anything that smells rank! I take royal jelly/bee pollen capsuals and they smell disgusting, I actually have to hold my breathe. I might try put some in milkshake or hot chocolate maybe... ? no doubt I'll end up switching to the capsuals!

I used to have the powder and mixed it in with my porridge! It doesn't taste bad at all. I just found the tablets more effective but that's probably because I wasn't having enough of the powder. X

Hmmm porridge thats not a bad idea! USed to have porridge in the morning but switched to toast.

Oh yes I forgot about that! Loving the idea of putting it in chocolate :)

Yes, hot chocolate is a good idea! Get some tablets though if you're fussy sweetie, they're so much easier. I'm going to be buying more once mine are finished even though I have lots of powder left xxx

I bought this a while ago in loose powder form, its Raw maca.... I'm a little worried about takign it though as I've read a few people say the raw type can make you have tunny trouble.... anyone experienced this? Plus I dont know what to take it with, I'm worried about taste :mad: Wish I'd have bought the pills now but I pop so many pills I'm suprised I dont rattle!!!! LOL :lol:

Just read this and posted about it, every single time I take Maca I get a very upset tummy the next day. I've read something about the raw Maca causing this, apparently its best to cook it first ?. Phonixgirl what make of Maca did you use ? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back