Maca Root

Ooh thats interesting llillith, I wonder if it is the maca? I have quite a weak stomach anyway so am a little worried. I suppose you could put it in porridge or soup whilst cooking?? Kind of wish I'd just stuck with the tablets now!

Last edited:
Ooh thats interesting llillith, I wonder if it is the maca? I have quite a weak stomach anyway so am a little worried. I suppose you could put it in porridge or soup whilst cooking?? Kind of wish I'd just stuck with the tablets now!

It is definitely the Maca, I took it weeks ago, upset stomach, stopped it for a couple of weeks, tried it last week, next day upset tummy, tried it again yesterday and upset tummy today. I mix it with milk it tastes nice and malty like horlicks. I'm wondering if tablets are better, Holland and Barret etc ? xx

Last edited:
I've also got quite a weak stomach but I've had no trouble with the tablets.

Mine is Naturya from Holland and Barrett but I just use the tablets now (think I take more that way). I've had no problems with my stomach. X

Think the tablets are fine its just the raw stuff (so its not gelatinised...if thats the word lol)

Can you take Maca with clomid or not?

Can you take Maca with clomid or not?

Hmmm, people seem to be saying different things but the majority seem to think maca may counteract the effects of clomid. So I'd probably say no to be on the safe side xx

Been taking the maca for just over a week now. I have the tablet form from Holland and Barrett and so far no problems although I do think I'm a bit more gassy.... might be coincidence though. On average I'm taking 2 a day although I'm aiming for 3.

I'm on CD10 now so will see soon enough whether it helps with my spotting and if it shortens my cycle (which I'm hoping it doesn't as I'm normally a 28 day kinda gal).

Did anyone else try maca this cycle? Or just me?

I have felt an improvement in my mood so that's a good enough reason for me to keep taking it. Coming up to the time I normally start spotting before AF arrives so will see if the maca root has helped.....

Anyone else got any update? X

I'm taking it, haven't noticed any difference yet. My pre-AF spotting is due to start in around 5 days so we'll see. Keep us posted on whether yours starts or not.

Last edited:
I'm on my first cycle taking it. I hope it works for you I have PMS so I don't think it's worked for me this time but I will keep at it as it hasn't caused me any harm xx

Same Broody I'll keep taking it, probably takes a while to build up.

I took it this cycle again and think I ovulated this morning on CD14 again (yay) rather than CD10. I hope my spotting stays away too.

I'm taking the tablets form btw. I find it helps more than the powder - guess it's because you definitely take it properly.

Oh, actually I ovulated two days early this month! Assumed it was the acupuncture but I guess it could have been the maca.

So it would seem we are all in a similar position. I defo had PMS where I'm proper moody for a day so I don't think I have caught this cycle but I'm interested so see about the spotting.

I didn't OPK this month as I'm trying to relax a bit more but I think I may have ovulate a bit earlier as I felt some pains. Kinda wish I tested now. Oh well.

Looking forward to seeing how we all get on x

Bang on Q my spotting has started today. Maybe i wasn't taking enough maca as I was only taking 2 tablets a day. Will try aim for 3 now.

Bit gutted really as I was really hoping it would stop the spotting. Fingers crossed for next month. X

Ah sorry loulou, that's so annoying. My spotting is due to start any time from now until Tuesday. I fully expect still to get it because my consultant thinks it could be caused by my fibroids.

Maybe the maca just needs a bit of time to get working and will help more next cycle.

Thanks Syd. Let us know how you get on with your spotting. FX for you.

Normally about midway through my cycle I get belly cramps and bad back but didn't get it this cycle so I think it helped with that. Or maybe it's the vitamin b complex I have also been taking. So because I didn't have that I really thought there was a good chance the spotting would stop.

I did a roly poly this morning with my son and have now done my back in so that is distracting me from the spotting. Lol x

Oh no Loulou! Do you know what's caused the spotting? Mine was pcos so chromium and cinnamon (in one tablet) really helped too. I guess if you've got an inkling or any other symptoms (although I didnt) you could try it. But it could be caused by a number of things - including fibroids, as Syd says.

I hope next cycle is better. Xxx

Also low progesterone which is what I thought mine was but my 21 day blood test was really good.

Hope your back is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back