Maca Root

Oh no Im sorry hun! Test in the morning and see! Fingers crossed its good news! Xx

Morning girls. Tested with a frer and it was a strong line. However still got the bright red spotting and mild cramps. It happens whenever I have a bowel movement is really odd! (Also had this with my previous mmc) Guess it's another bloody waiting game.

Due to speak to my doc at 4pm today so will beg for a progesterone test although I don't think he will do it plus it might be too late. We will see...... whenever I speak to him I seem to have self diagnosed! Lol. Suppose a lot of people are like that though through the power of Google.

I'm sure we're all guilty of self-diagnosis! Why would he not give you a progesterone test? Surely after so many losses you can insist?

Great that there's still a strong line. Have you tried googling (here we go again :) ) bleeding with bm in early pregnancy? Slightly unrelated but I had to have a colonoscopy a few months ago due to bleeding. It was all clear but when I mentioned it to my reflexologist she asked if the bm bleeding always happened in the second half of my cycle, which I realised it did. Some kind of connection between that and progesterone or some hormone thing going on in the luteal phase.

Good luck with the doctor later, keep us posted.

Last edited:
Oh Louloubelle, I hope that it's just early pregnancy spotting and nothing else! :-(

I self-diagnose too. I knew I had pcos before they told me, and now I think I've got low progesterone (like some others of you it seems). I keep getting temp dips in the tww and spotting when I'm not on supplements too. Plus I'm not getting pregnant! I also think I may have a gluten intolerance of some sort so I'm trying to cut it out of my diet.

Syd, I seem to get more spotting with bm. I know my cervix used to bleed easily but then that went away. I think that's due to changes in hormones as well. I wish I could see your reflexologist! Xxx

She's fab phonixgirl, that's why I end up chatting through all my appointments, she's so full of really interesting information. It honestly hadn't occurred to me to track when in my cycle the bm bleeding happened, I would never have thought there was any connection at all.

I've just googled spotting after bowel movement in early pregnancy (I hope to God no-one ever gets hold of my computer and goes through my browser history) and it actually seems fairly common. Often connected to a "friable cervix" which apparently means sensitive cervix. Jeez, the things I know about the human body now that I didn't know a year ago!

So I've just seen this in a question on another board about bleeding with bowel movements:

" I've usually heard of this more in the 1st trimester of pregnancy, especially from those on progesterone supplements,"

I know you're not on prog. supplements as such loulou but you are on the cream. I guess progesterone makes things more sensitive, I'm going to google that next.

Clearly far too much time on my hands in my recovery - I've temporarily reached my box set limit :)

So just spoke to my doc. I have been told there is no point testing my progesterone or hormones as the results will have no outcome on the pregnancy. He hasn't seen progesterone suppliments used for 30 years. He has however done me a letter to refer me to the EPU. So hopefully they will investigate a bit more. Just hope I can get there in time.....

Haha Syd! Defo clear your search history. Your reflexologist does sound amazing!!very interesting to hear what she says to you.

I'm gobsmacked at that loulou, I've seen at least two people on here that have taken progesterone supplements! I've also heard of people in the area I live in taking them although I have heard that it's difficult to get the doctor to prescribe them. Will you keep going with the cream? Has the bleeding stopped?

I'm gobsmacked at that loulou, I've seen at least two people on here that have taken progesterone supplements! I've also heard of people in the area I live in taking them although I have heard that it's difficult to get the doctor to prescribe them. Will you keep going with the cream? Has the bleeding stopped?

Yeah I will still use cream I think. I'm too scared to stop.... I don't use a full pumps worth just a mini pump worth if that makes sense.

Yup I'm sure there are people who are prescribed progesterone suppliments. I hope the EPU will be helpful and that I can get to see them ASAP.

Last time I went to the loo the spotting had stopped. I have started taking lactulose incase I'm straining and that's causing the spotting / bleeding. Desperate aren't I? Lol.

I'm thinking it's either hormones or cervix. But I could be well off!

I agree re the cream, everything I've read says to keep taking it after your bfp. Will be interesting to see what you find out at the epu and it they agree with all of our "diagnosing" :). Taking some kind of gentle laxative is a great idea.

My appointment at the EPU is Monday at 3.20pm. MEH! if it's my hormones probably be too late by then!

On the plus side after my BM this morning there was no spotting!

Oh that's not too bad hopefully, I thought it would a few weeks. Fab there's no spotting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back