Lump in breast

Jellybean34

Reaction score
I'm 9 weeks pregnant and tonight as I was rubbing in some bio oil I found a hard pea sized lump just above my nipple that I've not noticed before. I've been rubbing cream and oil in almost daily for last 4 weeks so it must be new.

Is this normal in pregnancy? Will it be ok to wait to mention to mw at my booking in app on 22nd or should I see someone sooner?

I'm not sure if it's normal or not but I'd defo get to a doctor asap as it would bl play on my mind. X

Go and see your doctor. Absolutely. No trying to scare you, but you don't mess around with lumps in the breast. I think you can get lumps and bumps in pregnancy, but as I say, do not wait to book an appointment. I am sure you'll be fine!
Xxx

You must get this checked out ASAP, pregnant or not lumps need checking immediately xx

Thanks ladies, I'm have some squishy ones before that have been checked out and always been fine and was told some girls have semolina type boobs and some porridge and I'm a porridge type of girl! Lol

So I've got used to the ones that come and go and often hormonal related but never had a hard one before. Kinda sick of seeing the doctor but appreciate its not worth messing around with. Will try and get in this week but otherwise am off on leave next week so can book in for then.

Thanks

I developed a weird lump down below early last pregnancy. I got it checked out and it was just a pregnancy thing. It lasted my whole pregnancy though then disappeared afterwards. Might just be hormonal but definitely get it checked xx

Hey, i too had this and ended up at the hosp as precaution to get it properly examined and it was a blocked milk duct... It can be your breasts getting ready to prepare for ur milk... I can no longer feel mines as my boobs have got alot bigger i was always really small.

Hope ur ok try not to worry xxx

I had something similar at the beginning of this pregnancy I really panicked as it wasn't something I had ever had before. The Doc saw me straight away and said that in early pregnancy the breasts go through so many changes that they can end up feeling really lumpy. He also commented that I had lumpy bumpy breast tissue anyway (similar to you - porridge boobs ha!) get it checked but I am sure it will be fine xxx

first available app with female doctor is in 3 weeks time!!! Told receptionist that it wasn't an emergency but that I wasn't willing to wait 3 weeks and got a call back from GP within 5 mins and booked in for 5pm tonight. Feel a bit silly because it's not really an emergency but not something I'll ignore for three weeks. How have we not got a better GP system in place?! It's one extreme to another!

Hope it goes ok and glad you have got an appointment. I always struggle getting info and appointments from the docs. I now just kick up a fuss and use the pregnancy card. I would rather we had a private system in place knowing we would have better care and facilities. I had a lump at beg of pregnancy at the time I didn't know I was pregnant but I was seen quickly and had an ultrasound scan and all was ok. Made sense when I found out I was pregnant but better to be safe.

Being referred to the hospital, got to wait for a call tomorrow as the secretary had already left. I'm still not overly concerned and am sure it's pregnancy related.

GP did say if it's clear then not to check my boobs for the rest of my pregnancy!!! I'm sure she was joking but still not the best advice really is it!!!

It's good that it's getting checked though and of course ignore the docs advice and keep checking!

Doctors receptionist called on Wednesday but there weren't any appointments available at the hospital nearest to me so she said she needed to send the referral direct to them for them to contact me.
She said if I've not heard by this Wednesday to call the doctors back.
Still waiting x

Had my app tonight and all is fine. Ultrasound was clear and it's likely to just be down to pregnancy X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back