shooting pains in breast and lump

GBLiz

Reaction score
im guessing this is going to be normal but best to check it out..

today i have shooting pains in my boobs particularly the left, and my milk doesnt seem to be as free flowing as previous days (dont know if theres a connection)

just now i found a small hard pea sized lump on the left boob close to where the pain is (not near nipple) and it feels a bit bruised- not on the lump itself but in that general area

i do have breast cancer in the family so its something im virtually expecting i'll get some time (my mum caught it early and recovered completely so it doesnt scare me)

i have made a gp appt just to check , but before i prepare myself for an operation (lol) is it more likely its a normal breastfeeding thing?

Ive had something like that a few times, found it went if I massaged it towards my nip while LO was feeding, hope it goes soon x

sounds exactly like something to do with breastfeeding. I wouldn't worry, but if you want to get it checked for peace of mind then go.

I posted abotu a similar thing the other day. One quarter of my right breast was one huge lump. I got my breast pump out and pumped till it ran dry whilst vigorously massaging the lump. And by the time I'd finished expressing, it had disappeared!!

K.xx

thanks, thats reassuring to hear some of you have had similar :D

just for the record its feeling a lot better this morning, no shooting pain today and i think the lump is smaller :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back